Default grass

3 words, riding lawn mower
Old 07-01-2007, 07:37 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: grass

Originally Posted by mikeaton
3 words, riding lawn mower
Got one with a 48" deck, but it still takes a couple hrs. with more than 1 acre when the grass is that tall and thick. After cutting it, and not catching it, i could almost bail the cuttings and sell them for hay.
Biggest problem was that we got a lot of rain and sunshine while i was out of town for 2 weeks. In fact i wasn't able to stop cutting the grass all yr. our winter was so mild and wet.

Zip.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:49 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

The goats aren't intended to be a riding lawn mower.

Steve
Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default lawn mowing

hey zip you got me beat im still in the stone ages. push lawn mower!!! only kind of exercise that i get! ha ha ha i two have over a acre i mow and it really s%&ks with all the rain we have had, im just glad i dont live in texas right now man are they getting hammered with the rain hope every thing will be ok for those folks who had to leave their homes. and for the goats and pigs as well :lol: o yea my crop of tumble weeds are really doing well this year maybe new mexico will reconize the tumbleweed as our native vegetation lol mike in new mexico
Old 07-04-2007, 07:27 AM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

First time to the track was in `77 when I was 15, got the go-fast-car-bug an' started planning for my future. Bought my `69 Camaro in `84 as a high school ride. Started out as a 14-sec street car an' has now progressed to an 11-sec street car that I also take to car shows and occationally take home a trophy.Have had my Camaro for over 23 years and still counting.My 4 girls will sometimes go with me to the shows, but they are a little leary about "the loud and smelly" drag-strip. :roll:
Old 07-07-2007, 08:25 AM
tinytimhere
APPRENTICE

Dad started racing in 74 and I was born in 76 so ive been around it all my life. learned to crawl in the garage too, lol. First full pass down the track when I was 15 in dads old 23 T roadster. Drove it for a while then went to a 27 street roadster, had it into a guard rail and upside down in the woods against a tree. Next one was a 93 S10 then into my first rear engine dragster. Had another dragster after that, then went to extremes and jumped into a 92" wheelbase Chevette! That was a fun one. Built a 52 Henry J and had it for 5 years. Damn Im getting confused now, lol. Oh yeah, another S10, dragster, vega, 32 bantam, and now going into a 91 Olds Calais! All these and Im only 31 now!!!! I guess I had to try about all the cars I could find to decide if I wanted an open top car or a door slammer.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 AM
shelbykrueger34
SHOW GUEST

Default years in racing

Vicki
Ive beenr acing dirt for 12 years now im in huntsville texas and i do alot of traveling with the IMCa modified assocition been in it this year for the first time i actually got divorced over racing my wife in here mid 40 and me in my mid 30s said she didnt want to see me end up in the ground do to stupidty on the dirt whatcha think aboutn that ive seen some crazy stuff and did crazy stuff but its my life i love it

Shelby Krueger
Old 08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Realgone
APPRENTICE

Sorry to hear she left because of your racing.I have been around racing for 45 years. From my father to my husband. I guess because of watching me father race for years I always thought it was ok to race. The only time I put my foot down in the 24 years I have been married was when Woodsman broke 11 bones in 4 months dirt bike racing. I really got tired of nursing him back to health. And our doctor told him that he might not live through the next wreck. Mind you he was 44 or 45 years old at the time. So I put my foot down and he traded the dirt bike in for a 4 wheeler so that I could pull his drag car back to the trailer. He told me that it would be allot safer. Well, we will see how that turns out. Good luck in your racing this year on the dirt. Woodswife
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i can relate to the injury side of that type of racing..i started out KART racing in 1982 thru 1988....i am talking about the KART racing at over 115mph with nothing around you and no seat belts etc....to make a long story short...we were at one of our local tracks ( mini-Bristol) on a Saturday night labor day weekend race..20 KARTS in the main..i went into turn 2 was bumped from rear.my front end hitched up on the back of another KART ( no steering)..at this time we are almost out of turn #2..i slide up the track hit the steel retaining wall and did a END OVER END FLIP X2...running CLOSE TO 80MPH....I was also struck in the legs by another KART as i lay on the track..( i was in the middle of the pack when the flipping started)

1 week in the Hospital as a result of 3 broken ribs, Blood in urine from a bruised Kidney AND MULTIPLE CONTUSIONS along with A severe Concussion and Cervical Neck sprain..( thought i broke it)

I was single then..I AM SURE if my wife was around then it would have been over for me also...it was anyhow...LOL

i put the KART back together and ran a few races..but never did try to be competitive again..i just drove in the back of the pack......i guess it took it out of me..so i got out of the kart racing in the EARLY 90'S for good..

If anyone is a speed junkie...check out the WKA KARTING...check out the gear box class.....they run the back stretch at Charolette Motor speedway at over 140 mph before going into a type of road course......

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -