New GT 500 Mustang

Old 08-30-2009, 09:00 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

WHAT ARE YOU CHEVY GUYS ON! All of you that have posted bad things about the Camaro are on RJ forum restriction for 2 weeks. NO EXCUSES for this kind of talking!!

The 2010 mustang looks good, but it looks like the '09 Camaro! I do like the front, but not the chop top very much. I really don't like the half glass roof. I just looked at 'em for about 5 mins and have no idea what is standard and what options are avail.
I do agree that Chevy needs to think long and hard about it's new cars and the cost of new cars.

and yes, PLEASE NO MORE 4 DOOR MUSCLE CARS!! Make more 2 seater cars and put Corvette motors in 'em!! :wink:
But you guys are still on restriction for 2 weeks!!!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:03 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default chevy

Sorry Cap'n Wabbit
Old 08-30-2009, 09:15 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: ??

Originally Posted by bbchevy
You Ever WORK on 1 of them ASS Backwords,FORDS?Of course you have!
And Yes,everybody has OPINIONS?
If you're basing your opinion of Ford on how difficult they are to work on you would have to hate GM and Chrysler too. I've had my own repair shop for 27 years and IMO they have all done some pretty stupid stuff when it comes to working on them. I had a guy working for that was complaining about how hard some of the cars were to work on and he said "you know, they could've made this easier to work on". I told him if that if they did the unskilled, ill-equipped, shade-tree mechanics would be doing the work and he wouldn't have a job. :roll:
Old 08-30-2009, 09:17 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
WHAT ARE YOU CHEVY GUYS ON! All of you that have posted bad things about the Camaro are on RJ forum restriction for 2 weeks. NO EXCUSES for this kind of talking!!

The 2010 mustang looks good, but it looks like the '09 Camaro! I do like the front, but not the chop top very much. I really don't like the half glass roof. I just looked at 'em for about 5 mins and have no idea what is standard and what options are avail.
I do agree that Chevy needs to think long and hard about it's new cars and the cost of new cars.

and yes, PLEASE NO MORE 4 DOOR MUSCLE CARS!! Make more 2 seater cars and put Corvette motors in 'em!! :wink:
But you guys are still on restriction for 2 weeks!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Boy am I glad im not a Chevy guy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-30-2009, 09:31 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I'm an all around PRE '70's car guy. I look under the hood of any of this new stuff and just shake my head.... K.I.S.S. !!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 AM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

Well...seeing as how I sell Chevy's I'm going to lean towards the Camaro. You can have all the h.p. you want, but if it doesn't hook up it's a waste. The new Camaro has some weak points, but so do the rest of them. The Challenger looks o.k. i guess, but I just can't get into it. (not because I'm fat) It just looks weird with that tall roof line.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well... I see all points here. I looked at an SS about a month ago & it claimed more like 400HP+ i think?? I looked at the QP gills, body lines, gauge cluster, Console, etc... not sure they really made a retro 69 very well in my opinion.... (I am not biased, I have a 69 Camaro). At the very least, I would want a modern cowl hood & better looking wheels & tries... not sure about the grill too... the RS/hideaways would look neat too on the 2010 Camaro.

I like the Challenger.... if it was rid of the smog mess, no California model, w/o an ECU that was responsible for wiping your azz... Come on, I could not work on that thing!! A computer has to diagnose a ECU Computer to tell you what sensor does what???? No thanks, sick of that game. Gut it, drop a 426 naturally aspirated motor in it & a 4spd & I think it would be cooler.

Clearly in my opinion, the Mustang FB is the best retro muscle car. It preserves the nostalgia the best... but here we go again... too many sensors, smog controls, cats, blah blah blah...

OUR MUSCLE CARS NOW DAYS ARE SOCIALIZED. Pretty soon, if you speed, they will call the cops on you or something. Scoot
Old 09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I'm a Chevy guy through and through but the Camaro is a sad knock off of a retro IMO. If I had to choose from the three it would be the Challenger.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:06 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

X2 on that, Scoot. The muscle cars of yesteryear were social outcasts, outlaws, and outa sight ! My new crew chief owns an '05 Camry that she owned before 'us'. I won't even change the oil or tires unless it's an emergency, but that is IT !! Well, okay, wash and wax it for her, but that's ALL !! AAaahhhhh, okay a vacume and window clean but no MORE !! I tell her I don't own any tools that will fit anything anywhere on it. Besides, my extra large hands would get stuck if I even put them anywhere NEAR that engine !!
I WILL work on her first or second gen Mustang she wants built though !!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

You are funny Double/D. The Camry is a female car for sure. I hear they last a long time too. Now the 1st or second gen Mustang... I think you should get her into a 67/68 FB of some kind... that would be cool. make it a cruzer w/ PB/PS & get her to feel comfortable first... then gradually, do little "Updates" while she sleeps... until you get er in the high 11's or 12's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -