vega launch.....

Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Mwbrasher, check your PM, I found the info.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:01 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: Vega

Originally Posted by markdunlap
For $8K chassis work, it should have included an anti roll bar in the rear that would eliminate the twist at the launch.
X2

TS1955
Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default vega launch

thanks guys for the info... will give it another go on fri nite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:26 AM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default vega launch

well we went to thunder valley last nite... car went 6.97 in 1/8.. at 97.6... had a un known person from down there look at my car... he had a ply arrow.... sort of like my car... any way.. he came by... looked at my car... you need more bracing... from the top frame to rear around where belhousing goes.... i said no way... we jacked the l-front of the car` about 42 inches of the ground... r-f was still on the ground.... went and looked at his... sure enough.. he had those bars... his pulls both font wheels the same.... thanks every one... i,ll fix mine and let you know how it works...thanks caveman.........
Old 08-11-2013, 04:01 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I'm not familiar with 8.5 cert ( it may cover all of this + some) but an; anti roll bar, x brace under the car, x brace in the doors and support bars from the motor plate to the snout bars will keep it from twisting.
A lot of people overlook the motor plate bolts too. 2 bolts will allow the frame to pivot. 4 bolts (2 each side) will help stiffing it up a good bit.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:03 PM
melson3086
JOURNEYMAN

Have you contacted the builder and had him look to find out where this supposed twist/flex is coming from? And to clarify you had one tire 42" off the ground and the other was not, Thats better than most rock crawlers? Pic's please!!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:17 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

yeah pat ..i talked to you... but i guess your to busy... but thats ok... i'll fix it my self... i can weld to...
Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 PM
melson3086
JOURNEYMAN

yeah u never said nething was twisting /flexing you just said one tire was lifting higher! Did you load the bar i told you to? and if so how much did it help? But with the amout of twist your saying it has it would have fkd up the fire wall or riped out the trans mount bolts or shown its self some where and if it was twisting how is it going back the same ever time, does it twist the same foot braking the car as trans braking? I TOLD you once you have it complety ready to go to the track bring it by and i would set it up and have you ever brought it by for that? And yes i have been busy ive worked the last 20 days straight 12hrs a day! I was told by a birdy that your car leave flat as a board off foot brake no twist! Im just saying I would love to see this twist you say it has and if it is twisting as you are making it out to b just two bars vertically like you say will not fix it! Ill come over to see it tomorrow "saturday" after i wake up and you can show me it if you have time ill be up at 2pm and gota be back at woke at 5pm! SORRY for all the back and forth questins!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:45 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

mine is a 2008 Suncost Corvette, with a 8.80 cert. I just jacked up my front end, at the drivers side control arm, and maxed out my jack and never lifted the pass side wheel off the ground, with the flex you say you have, Rock Crawlers don't even have that much, and your fire wall is not crinkled. or show any signs of binging flexed ? hummmm.. I checked on the Wallace racing calculator. ( Your 1/4 Mile ET is 10.95 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 6.95 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 121.52 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 98 MPH. ) heck that's not bad at all for your motor, it was like a 9.5 to 1 . But I know we are talking about Flex. not H.P. I bet it just needs some tuning in the rear bars,
Old 08-17-2013, 05:09 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default vega launch

hey ray... doesn't your car have a square frame.. and isn't it stepped up to make car lower?... there just alike... only different.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -