OMG I cant believe this head failure????what kind is this???

Old 09-10-2009, 04:52 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

[quote="bjuice"]Dirka i been doing this drag thing for close to 30 yrs.......and the largest pecentage of people who don't make an effort to make their car have a neat appearance most all share the same Philosophey..."AWWW its just a Race Car"..if i have heard that one time i have heard it 5 thousand....its got Nothing to do with fancy paint Jobs..what i am speaking of,,,its making your stuff neat and maintaining it well....most of these guys i am speaking of will have 3 inches of caked up rubber under their rear fender wells, 2 inches of grease and grim on their intakes etc.........Hey if thats your Gig Go for it.....

Anyone thats been around the drag strip knows the people i am speaking of....we all got them in our hometown..

i mean i just believe in washing my arm Pitts before putting deodorant on...but again thats my personal view of it...

( none of this is mean't toward anyone invloved on this post..its just My experience i have seen over the years)[/quote

X2 ^^^^^^^^^ Well put again,I hate hearing"This car is junk,It will make a good drag car"
Old 09-10-2009, 04:53 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Dirka i been doing this drag thing for close to 30 yrs.......and the largest pecentage of people who don't make an effort to make their car have a neat appearance most all share the same Philosophey..."AWWW its just a Race Car"..if i have heard that one time i have heard it 5 thousand....its got Nothing to do with fancy paint Jobs..what i am speaking of,,,its making your stuff neat and maintaining it well....most of these guys i am speaking of will have 3 inches of caked up rubber under their rear fender wells, 2 inches of grease and grim on their intakes etc.........Hey if thats your Gig Go for it.....

Anyone thats been around the drag strip knows the people i am speaking of....we all got them in our hometown..

i mean i just believe in washing my arm Pitts before putting deodorant on...but again thats my personal view of it...

( none of this is mean't toward anyone invloved on this post..its just My experience i have seen over the years)
Oh dont get me wrong I know what your saying bout keeping it neat in appearance. I am just saying you can have a car that is painted with spray paint and still keep it neat. I hope I am explaining it right.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Dirka i been doing this drag thing for close to 30 yrs.......and the largest pecentage of people who don't make an effort to make their car have a neat appearance most all share the same Philosophey..."AWWW its just a Race Car"..if i have heard that one time i have heard it 5 thousand....its got Nothing to do with fancy paint Jobs..what i am speaking of,,,its making your stuff neat and maintaining it well....most of these guys i am speaking of will have 3 inches of caked up rubber under their rear fender wells, 2 inches of grease and grim on their intakes etc.........Hey if thats your Gig Go for it.....

( none of this is mean't toward anyone invloved on this post..its just My experience i have seen over the years)
Oh dont get me wrong I know what your saying bout keeping it neat in appearance. I am just saying you can have a car that is painted with spray paint and still keep it neat. I hope I am explaining it right.
Well hope you may,but you are wrong......................
Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gungho

I can see that anything I say you are just going to degrade it anyways you want to. So I will just shut up since you think I am just an ignorant redneck that thinks I know everything when all you are oding is showing how ingorant you are.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

I can see that anything I say you are just going to degrade it anyways you want to. So I will just shut up since you think I am just an ignorant redneck that thinks I know everything when all you are oding is showing how ingorant you are.
Well thank you,its about time, just kidding ,I was proving a point here with people who know what they are talking about,my point was,step back and look at yourself before you degrade another person.I cant tolerate negativity,p.s. dirka with all the posting you do,you should learn how to spell.just my .02 buddy,no ill intent was meant here,again it was for racers who know #@&* happens,if you dont want to break it,leave it on the trailer.. :lol: :lol:
Old 09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Well thank you,its about time, just kidding ,I was proving a point here with people who know what they are talking about,my point was,step back and look at yourself before you degrade another person.I cant tolerate negativity,p.s. dirka with all the posting you do,you should learn how to spell.just my .02 buddy,no ill intent was meant here,again it was for racers who know #@&* happens,if you dont want to break it,leave it on the trailer.. :lol: :lol:

Ok I cant keep quiet here.

First comment......
I wasnt degrading anybody. All I was saying was that you dont have to have a fancy paintjob to run down the track. If anybody took that as that I was degrading them then Im sorry. Also I dont have any problem sitting in a car that does not have a fancy paintjob and going down the track in it. Every body panel can be a diff color and I wouldnt care. I know how expensive paintjobs are these days due to the fact that I do paint and body. Not everybody can afford them.

Second comment.......
Nobody is perfect in anything they do. Everybody misspells stuff all the time. Just because I dont use spell check or I type faster than what I am thinking of how something is spelt doesnt mean I am a piece of S***.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:46 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Dirka, dont be so sensitive, we are one big happy family :lol:
Old 09-10-2009, 05:53 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Dirka, dont be so sensitive, we are one big happy family :lol:
Well I am usually laid back but when someone insults myself or my intelligence I stand up for myself. I dont back down when someone does that either.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:37 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by montecarlo84
Bill H
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Bill H
Find More Posts by Bill H

09-08-2009, 11:36 PM #43
JUNKMAN1
Smoked another BBC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh peel
Porce casting is the answer to this problem. CFE/BMF heads are a Canfield casting. If you look at the material around the front head stud,there is only .80" of material. I had one do the same thing.

More like a ProComp casting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
just to take a quote out of the thread you(gunho) posted.

people associate junk to procomp,this is post #43
thats not 100% true Brodix and Canfield both made castings for cfe/bmf
Old 09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I saw the title of the thread and who started it, and I LOL.

Gungho gets his payback.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -