Cold!

Old 02-14-2014, 05:28 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Sorry too hear...Hope things get better (power on ) by end of day..
Old 02-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

We had a bad ice storm back in the 90s and were without power for 11 days and that was inside the city limits of Nashville. It sucked. My grand parents live in the country just north of Nashville and were out for only 2 days.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:04 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
We have had an 85% power outage since Wednesday. Over 125,000 homes without power. It rained, sleeted then snowed then the temp dropped to about 25. Not long after that limbs and trees started falling everywhere. News said there were thousands of trees / limbs blocking roads so for a while all roads were closed and people were told to stay home. I could here tree limbs falling all night and yesterday in my neighborhood.
The roads froze over but weren't all that bad.
Many people have been without power since the storm started.
Probably more than half of all stores, grocery stores and gas stations are without power. My parents got hit really hard and have trees down all over their property. One storage shed hit, but no damage to their house.
I'm doing fine. I still have hot water, kerosene heat and my little generator for light and running my refrigerator. I took most stuff out fridge and packed in a cooler with snow but didn't have enough cooler space for all of it.
There is some power one block over from my house so I hope I get power back today. All the power for my neighborhood is underground so I have no idea where the problem is.
I did get out a little yesterday and it seriously looked like a small war zone with so many trees / mostly limbs down everywhere. Lots of trees / limbs on houses and cars and in the road.

I knew it was a bad sign when jim Cantore came to Augusta! He can leave now and I would be just fine!
Same here Rabbit. Everyone knows I cut a LOT of firewood in spring. We had plenty of that and my generator with plenty of gas. All is good.

We had several news stories air about people pretending to be stranded and when somone stopped to help them they got robbed.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

That just makes a bad situation worse when people do bad things to those who want to help.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Stay strong boys, keep the fires going, send the kids to bed early and snuggle up with the wife. Just do its "safely" so there is not a influx of births 9 months later :!: :!:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-14-2014, 12:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Harbone
Stay strong boys, keep the fires going, send the kids to bed early and snuggle up with the wife. Just do its "safely" so there is not a influx of births 9 months later :!: :!:
man ain't that the truth Bone.....Gonna send you over a text ( Pic) of what I was doing in the fire Pit outside keeping watch Wednesday....Many were stranded near the house and a bunch of shady looking younger guys walking on the road with mask etc...I am sure they were just Cold and it was nothing to it...but since we live sort of out off the beaten path and communication being down I took no chances... also there was a rash of people acting stranded and Robbing People.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-14-2014, 12:59 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

And THIS is just a lil ol' ice storm where 'life' is only on a very short temporary holding pattern....Just a tiny eentsy bitsy taste of the first week of an EMP attack ....... Should be enough of an eye opener for those who are awake, into knowing where to beef up your own deal.......
Old 02-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by Harbone
man ain't that the truth Bone.....Gonna send you over a text ( Pic) of what I was doing in the fire Pit outside keeping watch Wednesday....Many were stranded near the house and a bunch of shady looking younger guys walking on the road with mask etc...I am sure they were just Cold and it was nothing to it...but since we live sort of out off the beaten path and communication being down I took no chances... also there was a rash of people acting stranded and Robbing People.
Here are the pics he sent me

Old 02-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Always better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it. I sure wished when our heat was out we had a fireplace.
Has anybody talked to Outlaw isn't he in the middle of all that mess to?
Old 02-15-2014, 05:04 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Bjuice you southerners are crazy, up here we put our fireplaces inside the house! :lol:

So I hear that South Carolina had a earthquake last night?

We got another 5" of snow yesterday, that's 41" for this winter and 12" already for the month the February. The temp here right now is 0 degrees again, this has to end soon... :x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -