Corvette Motor

Old 08-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I assume some dude started the 3/4 cam thing long ago when he discovered it had the lift & duration which was not stock, but not as radical as a "Full Race Cam" which was invented by his older brother or something. You know a Full Race Cam when you hear it on the local Nova in your area.... it bogs until 4700RPM, comes on & takes a dump emitting more black smoke than a diesel.... at a stop, this vechile must be brought to neutral every time. It will always have a "double pumper" on it too (which is also too big). Usually, a mullet is in order & THESE VECILES MUST HAVE REAR AIR SHOCKS PUMPED UP ALL THE WAY. Sometimes you will notice one red light on the back of a traction bar (cause the other is broken) as well. A true poser will bungee/strap a commercial fire extingusher to the seat so that a side view of it can be seen by passing drivers (this is because the full race cam has not "kicked" in yet). Last, a really poor job of an old hood scoop must be installed w/ the "CU IN" painted on the side of it too. Scooter
Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Scooter I thought that they alsway raised the back end by installing 2" block under the springs and they also lowered the front end to make it look "meaner". Oh and you cant forge that they only bought bald tires so they can "smoke em" easier too. JMO
Old 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Ok Scooter I thought you and I were getting along just fine until you dissed everything from my hair cut to my fire extingusher bracket!! lol
You don't like the 396ci on the hood??
And I thought Rednecks only lived in the South!! LOL!!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Oh and you cant forget that they only bought bald tires so they can "smoke em" easier too. JMO
This will only make sence for the older crowd. There was once a tire brand called Mohawk. It would make a smoky burnout like a funny car. Of course, half of the guys had a peg leg rear end, but the smoke was so thick you could not tell!!!

I grew up in the greatest days.....

Dave
Old 08-03-2009, 02:00 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

i think I have heard of that brand.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:00 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Check out this add. May even be ligit!

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/9...r-s-match.html
Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

so what dose it match to
Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
I assume some dude started the 3/4 cam thing long ago when he discovered it had the lift & duration which was not stock, but not as radical as a "Full Race Cam" which was invented by his older brother or something. You know a Full Race Cam when you hear it on the local Nova in your area.... it bogs until 4700RPM, comes on & takes a dump emitting more black smoke than a diesel.... at a stop, this vechile must be brought to neutral every time. It will always have a "double pumper" on it too (which is also too big). Usually, a mullet is in order & THESE VECILES MUST HAVE REAR AIR SHOCKS PUMPED UP ALL THE WAY. Sometimes you will notice one red light on the back of a traction bar (cause the other is broken) as well. A true poser will bungee/strap a commercial fire extingusher to the seat so that a side view of it can be seen by passing drivers (this is because the full race cam has not "kicked" in yet). Last, a really poor job of an old hood scoop must be installed w/ the "CU IN" painted on the side of it too. Scooter
Nothing still beats the car I saw with the holley 4 barrel bolted to the hood. Funniest thing I've ever seen on a car.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 PM
RAYSIN
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: Corvette Motor

Originally Posted by Tod74
Awhile back there was a thread about this on Yellow Bullet. It sorta made me laugh so I thought I would be a copycat and start one here to get some opinions... Why in the heck do people think this is anything special? Seems every 350 for sale is a "corvette motor"

As someone in the other thread said, there must be a massive "Corvette junkyard" somewhere. ..or millions or corvettes are missing their original engines.
I think its an old used car salesmen technique to justify the cost/value of a particular veh in question. its kind of funny, i have a vette, and its not the orig. motor lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -