cooling system with Mopar Alky?

Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
dartsteve
JOURNEYMAN

Default cooling system with Mopar Alky?

I must say thanks to all the members for there post and the information that they provide to people like me.

here is the question, i have a mopar 500ci with alky bird injection. block is 1/2 filled and aluminum heads. i plan to fun 1/4 mile et bracket. i am looking for input weather or not i should install a radiator? i will be running in Florida heat.

thanks you for all you input.

steve
Old 12-29-2010, 01:16 PM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

put the rad in....I have 1 on my dragster and my nova both injected alc. both blocks filled to the bottom of the water pump holes...

warm the cars up in the morning... when we run, fire them up, drive to the lanes. In the box at @ 160... burn out, on the line at @170... no fan running just the water pump...make the pass. the cars do not build any heat until you lift.. turn the fan on and drive it back to the pits.. by the time we get back to the pits they are both around 170 and we turn the pump and fans off then...
Old 12-29-2010, 01:18 PM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

put the rad in....I have 1 on my dragster and my nova both injected alc. both blocks filled to the bottom of the water pump holes...

warm the cars up in the morning... when we run, fire them up, drive to the lanes. In the box at @ 160... burn out, on the line at @170... no fan running just the water pump...make the pass. the cars do not build any heat until you lift.. turn the fan on and drive it back to the pits.. by the time we get back to the pits they are both around 170 and we turn the pump and fans off then...
Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 AM
rodentinfest
APPRENTICE

Default Re: cooling system with Mopar Alky?

Originally Posted by dartsteve
I must say thanks to all the members for there post and the information that they provide to people like me.

here is the question, i have a mopar 500ci with alky bird injection. block is 1/2 filled and aluminum heads. i plan to fun 1/4 mile et bracket. i am looking for input weather or not i should install a radiator? i will be running in Florida heat.

thanks you for all you input.

steve
if your driving it back then you might want to just add a circulation system with a small oil cooler just to release a little heat and a small pump but you will not need a radiator if you adjust the system right. alky, once back to the idle circui, just the barrel valve will keep the engine running cool. you may be a tad rich on idle but people do this with no water but don't drive them back usually. you can tune the barrel valve @ idle to keep the system running as cool as 140° with no large rad