572 with 1071 BDS blower for $6,500

Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dragboatfever
I am 98% sure that is not the guy. I dont know how to post a pic or I would.
this should help http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2876
Old 10-11-2010, 06:06 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

I removed the pics. Don't want to cause a problem.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:37 PM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

How did you pay for this? If credit card you might have some recourse.

As normal, check the articles stickied at the top of this forum, they give advice on your options. Don't worry man, I got in the arse on a similar deal on here way back. Scammers flock to this site.

For those feeling the need to question why he sent money without seeing it in person, save us the comments. People live and learn, shit happens, most making these comments also learned about this the hard way at one point.

Shame no one can be trusted these days...
Old 10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
dragboatfever
APPRENTICE

I wired the money. Yes and I wont do it again. I sure hope I get my money back, these double shifts might kill me or my lady will. I have about 13 or 14 more weeks of 16hr days, depending on taxes.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:57 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yes I made a bone head mistake, but he sounded legit on the phone and new his stuff. I guess I pissed that cash away.

GREED....you can call it bonehead mistake or whatever you want but it was Greed that powered you to send that Money without checking it out further.

$6500 for a masters degree in life is pretty cheap .

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 PM
dragboatfever
APPRENTICE

how the heck was it greed? o because I wanted to by a motor from a guy, in an honest business transaction. I was not loosing sleep over this motor, until I got scammed, so had no EXCESSIVE desire for this motor.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:27 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

how the heck was it greed? o because I wanted to by a motor from a guy, in an honest business transaction. I was not loosing sleep over this motor, until I got scammed, so had no EXCESSIVE desire for this motor.
Nope... but since you ask here goes..

you saw a deal TO GOOD TO be true in your own mind as well as our own ( 30k set up for $6500 )...but the thought of getting a piece for this price was too much for you to resist...so you go against everything you tell yourself not to do and send money to a stanger for an engine that might or might not exist...the thought of getting that High dollar engine for a fraction of the cost push you to go ahead with the transaction.......its called GREED.

what should you have done ?...yes got in a car ,plane or boat and went to see the engine in person and made sure it was on its way back in front of you.....but No.....the Unbelievable price overwhelmed you and then in your OWN WORDS CAUSED YOU TO MAKE THE BONEHEADED MOVE !

let me ask you something..if the engine was real and to the tee The way was it was advertised for ( parts) at the price one of these egines are worth ( lets say $25k for the heck of it)....Would you have handled it the same way ?...I say No because there is not much to be Greedy about paying full retail price instead of "Stealing it".

Donlt worry No-one on here thinks bad of you and we have all been faced with a situation along these lines at some point or another in our lives....but lets call it what it is..."Greed"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-23-2010, 04:37 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YES $!#$^%%%@@
Old 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

YUP...YUP...BITES YA IN THE A$$ EVERYTIME.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Yep i must agree also.. times 2,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -