NEW PORT DRAGWAY SCAMMER + STEVE RAMAGE

Old 12-07-2007, 11:31 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

Default NEW PORT DRAGWAY SCAMMER + STEVE RAMAGE

Im from New Zealand.This is the second time i have been scammed on this website.I brought a 468 BBC Methanol motor from BRIAN at NEW PORT DRAGEWAY and he told me he freashend it for me. On my first run i spun a mainbearing and found when i stripped it down that the motor was no more than a boat anchor.The block was fucked and the crank was only a cast crank which was bent 18thou when he told me it was a steel callies crank.The first time i got scammed was by steve ramage who is now at porkys speed shop.Steve ended up paying me half my money back so i hope Brian does the same thing because im gonna do everything to Drag NEW PORT DRAGWAY down.Im new to drag racing and Drag racing is not very big in New Zealand so it dissapoints me that some people have joy in destroying other peoples dreams.I will never buy from this site again!!!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 12:33 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Man'
This is tough that you were made a victim. That makes me angry that so many crooks and thieves have invaded drag racing.

It is however unfair to blame Racing Junk becuase a crook posts an ad here. Racing Juk is doing hwat little they can legally do to try to prevent this. That is why this forum you are on now exists is to warn and make aware to prespective buyers about reported issues with sellers.

If you buy something from a newspaper ad or buy something from a eBay ad, do you blame them if the supposed to be seller is a crook?

Any listing service that you pay for or that is free just can not screen and give lie detector tests to everyone who tries to sell something through an ad.

When buyng like this, all a prospective buyer can do is their best to fully check out the seller. Puncch their names into serach engines and look for mentions of wrong doing. Check theier local Better Business Burea and find out if thee are negatives against them. That can all be done by phone and by internet. It may not tell you all, but it will tell you something.

For example if you were to check on me, you will find many pages of information. If anyone hsas posted bad information, like one guy did, that report will show up if you dig to search it out. If you contacted my local BBB you would get a respone of *Can't Identify* That means they have never had one complaint against me period. If they had a complaint that was then adjusted or reached a settlement about it would list me and would list that I had one resolved complaint, meaning he complaint was withdrawn by the complainer. The fact that they can not identify me except for how long I have been officially in busines means I have never been complained about by anyone.

IT is relly really said but now all buyers over the internet, or off od magazine ads, or Natinal Dragster ads, have to be aware they may be dealling with a crook. I remember the days when you could trust another racer at their word. Not today.

Again, I am really sorry to read about this. It is usually the guys that saved and saved to get something nice that this happens to.

Ed
Old 12-08-2007, 11:50 AM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

Thats true and dont get me wrong this is a very very good site.I am not blaming this site im blaming the losers that use this site to rip people off halfway around the world like me and Ute351 from australia who Steve ramage from porky spd shop ripped him off 14500USD.and especially Brian from NEW PORT DRAGWAY.I dont know why people would do this rip off shit.He could have told me from the start that the block and cranked were stuffed.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jrthone
Thats true and dont get me wrong this is a very very good site.I am not blaming this site im blaming the losers that use this site to rip people off halfway around the world like me and Ute351 from australia who Steve ramage from porky spd shop ripped him off 14500USD.and especially Brian from NEW PORT DRAGWAY.I dont know why people would do this rip off $h!t.He could have told me from the start that the block and cranked were stuffed.
Because they are scum that's why. I think it is worse for you guys cause they know you can't be waiting on them outside their house with a ball bat like I would be...and for 14,500.00 I definately WOULD catch a battery charge because I would not be able to NOT hunt them down. I hate thieves. :evil:
Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default scam

Hey can't blame the site just some people on it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:24 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

Just to let you guys know i do trust this website.Ive just purchased a new 632 big block from C.A.M performance in Canada.He is really good to deal with and is helping me out alot.It just goes to show there is some hope out there for this site and its scamming problem. Thanks