Adjusting valves cold ?

Old 06-08-2007, 06:45 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Cris...all the information you are getting is GREAT information...but the things you need to see and feel for yourself is stuff like the feel of the friction on the feeler gauges between the rocker and the valve and stuff like that so you know how it feels ion the future..so if you get some time come this way and i will help you...we can do this at some exit off the interstate somewhere.......i always teach beginners to focus on 1 cylinder at a time and use your intake valve as the indicater.
example:...start with cylinder #1..watch the intake valve as it starts down or (opens up)..once it starts up or (closes) ...stop right there and adjust the exhaust valve....on the same #1 cylinder..then watch the exhaust valve...one it goes all the way down or ( open)...just right at the bottom RIGHT BEFORE it starts to come up or (close) adjust your intake....have a marker on hand and place a mark on your stud girdles on both valves ...letting you know these are done..so you do not get confused where you left off.....

when you get good you can skip around...keying on the intake valve..but until you get some experience...go right down the line..with 1,3,5,7..then go to other side 2,4,6,8......get you a bumper switch to hook to you seleniod switch...igintion off.....

before you do this...let the car heat up to at least 170 degree's...

any questions give me PM...

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "