consistent bracket street cars

Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM
codyspears
SHOW GUEST

Default consistent bracket street cars

whats everyone using and getting by with,,,if i could get a slow car within .03 id be in good shape...whats the best cars out there
Old 04-28-2010, 06:21 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: consistent bracket street cars

[quote="whats the best cars out there[/quote] Mopar's of course :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 04-28-2010, 06:39 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

a dodge aries k car should be slow enough. :P
Old 04-28-2010, 08:20 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

A local footbrake racer here in our area asked that very question, supposely he did a google search and came up with a mid 90's chevy cavalier Z34, the car was so consistent that he later bought a 2nd one.
He whooped everybodies butt with them 2 cars, he even ran the car(s) in the pro class against some of the best delay box drivers around and still won.
I've seen him a many a night win footbrake and pro, sometimes placing 1st & 2nd, in footbrake & pro, some of you may know him, his name is Steve Stites, it didnt hurt the cut killer 500 lights just about every round either, I heard that Steve actually made a living going around to different tracks anytime big money was at stake, during winter he just travel further south, he was good, real good, but rumor has it he has since retired, I spoke with him a few years ago and he told me he just got his fill of it.
I do know one thing, if them 2 cavaliers showed up at the track, its brought fear into the yes of all the competition, I for one am glad he has moved on or retired, that one eyed sucker has put me on the trailor many times.

Chow, Cp
Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Back in the day in our neck of the woods it was a 4door '62 Chevy sedan with a 6 banger/PG. Can't remember the times but they were in the 20's and he wooped AZZ in the same way as your Steve guy.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

78' Peugeot 505 wagon (Diesel). Very consistent; cheap parts too... those parts are everywhere. Yeah, I am bored.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
A local footbrake racer here in our area asked that very question, supposely he did a google search and came up with a mid 90's chevy cavalier Z34, the car was so consistent that he later bought a 2nd one.
He whooped everybodies butt with them 2 cars, he even ran the car(s) in the pro class against some of the best delay box drivers around and still won.
I've seen him a many a night win footbrake and pro, sometimes placing 1st & 2nd, in footbrake & pro, some of you may know him, his name is Steve Stites, it didnt hurt the cut killer 500 lights just about every round either, I heard that Steve actually made a living going around to different tracks anytime big money was at stake, during winter he just travel further south, he was good, real good, but rumor has it he has since retired, I spoke with him a few years ago and he told me he just got his fill of it.
I do know one thing, if them 2 cavaliers showed up at the track, its brought fear into the yes of all the competition, I for one am glad he has moved on or retired, that one eyed sucker has put me on the trailor many times.

Chow, Cp
Would that be the late Steve Taylor ??

He would kick but in cavaliers !!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

[img]
By ts1955 at 2009-12-09[/img]

Did someone say Cavalier!

TS1955
Old 04-29-2010, 05:01 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

theres a man at the local 1/8th mile (actually a little shorter than a full 1/8th) dragstrip comes sometimes in an old 4dr oldsmobile runs 12 something and he wins a good bit of the time when he brings it.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by cepx111

Chow, Cp
Would that be the late Steve Taylor ??

He would kick but in cavaliers !!
No, that would be Steve Stites of faulkner Ms, after doing some research I found he campaigned 4 cavaliers in total.
One of the reasons he ran multiple cars was from the now defunked Memphis Motorsports Park imposing a no double enter rule on him, so he just brought 2 cavaliers, they later imposed a ET cut off to keep him from running in super pro.
He is now one of the promoters in the world footbrake challenge in Bristol Tn along side Jared Pennington.

Cp