DEMON CARB

Old 12-19-2007, 08:46 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

The nice thing about the Demon is the adjustable bleeds. Does yours have the adjustable idle air circuit down the air cleaner screw hole? Make sure your throttle plates are not open too much, it works just like you would drill holes in the throttle plates of a Holley on an engine with a larger cam. You could also go up a little on the IAB's if necessary. Most of the flack I've heard about Demon's can be traced to the fact that they usually need to be tuned more than an out of the box Holley.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:56 AM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

I bought a 1000 cfm drag race demon carb from summit racing and when I dynoed my motor the dyno guy had a 1000 hp holley and both were "out of the box" carbs. The holley made 3-4 more hp across the curve, but it also lost 4-5 ft lbs of torque across the curve as well compared to the demon. Thats just my experience with them.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:29 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default carb

Yes mine has adjustable air bleeds, it is only two months old, got the diaphram fixed, seems to run out damn good, tested on my test track, WHEELS UP 1 1/2 FEET !! :shock: :shock: