I want to wish all my RJ Brothers a safe and happy holiday!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:46 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear that, Mike. An older dog ?
Hope the left overs didn't affect anyone else ?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Merry Christmas to me.

opps...i had a real special christmas too....my dog dropped dead of a heart attack after eating turkey leftovers...atleast he had a great last meal. :cry:
What did you hit Rabbit?

So sorry about your dog Mike, the wife had her 19 year old cat pass away in her lap 3 Christmas's ago, was not a good day.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-26-2012, 04:51 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I see a dead deer along the guard rail behind his truck....thought so...at least it didn't come thru the W/S !
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
i had a real special christmas too....my dog dropped dead of a heart attack after eating turkey leftovers...atleast he had a great last meal. :cry:
That's terrible. Poor fellow. I know it's gonna happen one day, but it's gonna be really hard on me ( and the rest of the family) when something happens to my 4 legged child.

Harbone, the truck behind mine is the one I hit. There was a city crew in the far left lane cleaning under the guard rail. The guy got over in the left lane (long after we past the flashing arrow board) then about ran into the street sweeper so he slammed on brakes then crossed into my lane and actually tried to go to the far right lane, but didn't make it. Yep, I hit him in the back so it looked like my fault.
His tailgate was down and I hit him in the left corner with the right side of my bumper. It must have gone up and caught the light then pushed it up through the hood. If his tailgate was up I would have hit him with my bumper and not done near as much damage.

Nobody was hurt so I tried to call several of my police friends
(instead of just calling the police dpt) to see who was working today and get them to come work the wreck. They were all at the new sheriff's inauguration at the time so I finally had to call dispatch and they had to get a State Patrol to the wreck. I knew he would give me the ticket because I hit him in the back :x . He didn't give me a ticket, but he did give me a warning for following too close. If I had a witness I could have proved what he did, but I did not. That warning will make it look like my fault to the ins. companies
Old 12-26-2012, 06:37 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys......He was 6 1/2 years old...mastiff...doc looked at him about a year ago when he started to rapidily lose weight, said he had a heart problem and just make him happy, nothing they could do for him. he's been so normal for about 6 months that kinda thought the vet was full of it....I guess he was right...looking for another mastiff today, I haven't been without one for 26 years...feels strange,I have 1/2 a ham sammich and had no one to give it to.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Wabb: sorry about the wreck bud. Glad you are alright though. Tell the insurance company to CUT YOU SOME SLACK & maybe they will actually do their job & be understanding of an accident... instead of gouging people & making money on folks misfortune. Lord knows we give them enough money every year.

Mike: Mastiff dogs are so cool... I bet that was really tough for you. I think about what it will be like loosing our Great Dane when that time comes... we all sign up to basically have our hearts broken some day when we get a good dog. I bet your dog gave you all his heart too. They are only around for just a season in life. I am sorry.