Quickfuel 3-circuit

Old 06-07-2009, 04:54 AM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Thanks for the update Parker. I'm not the kinda guy who gets sick much, but this thing has kicked my a s s bigtime! I just laid around all day with a killer sore throat and fever. Sure wanted to go race but just didn't have the getup to go. I'll be there in a couple weeks, I hate missing races! On the carb, I think I'll try it with no airbleeds in the intermediate - I may also get some plugs for the emulsion holes in the metering block? It's definitely the inter. circuit that's causing the problem. I gotta get this sorted out soon, Great Bend and Denver are coming up and I need some more laps. I bought that carb off RJ only because I had one on the SBC and it worked perfect, in fact Frank is still winning races with it. I just didn't know about the 3-circuit deal on the stop. 8) JB
Old 06-07-2009, 07:09 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I agree, I just don't know about changing a 3 circuit over to a 2 circuit. As good a racer as you are you'll probably pay for a 2 circuit before you fix the 3 circuit like you want. And Frank got a whole lot tougher when he quit using his thottle stop with that carb and started running it all out. Hell he got plum deadly. Did he run Roswell this weekend?
cowboy up and kick that cold.lol.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

I'll probably dink with the gas carb thing for a while longer, even with the stumble it's better on the stop than the Terminator was. I might just put the alky setup back on later in the fall, just have to wait and see. Just have to move the SLE cylinder to the throttle body instead of down on the pedal. You mentioned Davinci, the Satterfields swear by 'em, but @ $2k I'm gonna try this a while longer. Frank said he was going to the mountains this weekend. I dunno who, if anyone, ran @ Roswell this wknd. 8) JB
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

You can figure about 1 jet size per 2000 ft. My whole point is that leaning the intermediates will lean it at WOT as well, I would rather have him start rich at WOT and lean it to suit. You can be pretty lean at part throttle an not hurt anything, just don't want to be too lean at WOT. MPH and plugs will tell you where it wants to be with the final jetting.

As far as the 2 circuit, I think by far it is the best way to go and is not as difficult as you might think to make the change. If you get to that point I can lead you to the info to take it on yourself as long as you can handle a tap. Let me know how it goes.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Thanks for the info Mark, I just might do that. I was looking at these billet metering blocks and the inter. jets appear to just screw in.......why couldn't you just put a blank in that hole? Must be more to it than that so enlighten me if you can...... 8) JB
Old 06-09-2009, 09:42 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Sent PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:42 PM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

UPDATE: After several frustrating weekends I think I have finally tamed the beast. Looks like the liquid-filled pressure gauge on the fuel log was no good, hence the pressure was WAY higher than the needle/seats could handle. New gauge, slowed the pump to 40% crank speed, and voila! instantly cured! Car is rock steady on the stop and comes off clean with no rich spike etc. etc. Lost a close double-breakout 3rd rd. Sat. in S/C but not the car's fault this time! Just a caveat - fuel pressure and float levels are critical! 8) JB
Old 07-01-2009, 07:04 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Glad you got it figured out JB. Are you coming to the big race on the 4th. I guess you'll have to spot me now. Hopefully see you Sat.