New motor 565 cid bbc....... carb or toilet????

Old 03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
onefastcamaro
SHOW GUEST

Default New motor 565 cid bbc....... carb or toilet????

Just bought a new motor for my camaro. 1980 z28 565 bbc, 14.5 to 1 comp, solid roller 785 int 775 exh 285 292 at 50, 350 cnc heads 2.30 int and 188 exh valves, abruzzi 2 speed, bdr converter 5600 stall, 456 gear, 32-14.5-15 slick. 2930lbs with me.

I do have a set of 320cc heads should i have the smaller heads on it?

I have the choice of running my 1090 king demon that works great on gas or installing a 4.10 toilet on alcohol... I have never run alky before so it will be a learning curve.....

give your opinions

joe
Old 03-17-2009, 05:19 PM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

go with the injection
Old 03-17-2009, 06:38 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

toilet .. it'll be faster and help the small head out
Old 03-17-2009, 07:04 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

if you go injection. How do you plan to plumb it for fuel delivery. i want to get you thinking a little..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

Gas and let it snort nitrous 8)
Old 03-18-2009, 01:23 PM
onefastcamaro
SHOW GUEST

Default plumbing

was going to put on a belt drive 0-1/2 pump with a front mount tank.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:52 PM
lowbudget377
SHOW GUEST

call system builder - they will get you setup right the first time :lol: = VIC
Old 03-18-2009, 05:01 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: plumbing

Originally Posted by onefastcamaro
was going to put on a belt drive 0-1/2 pump with a front mount tank.
if thats the case you are ok there on the room..i have ran alcohol blown injected,ron's (toilet) injection, natually aspirated ( Alcohol APD carb).

and i have come back to Gas for Good....i can give you the reasons why i made the decision to stop using Alcohol. not neccesary in the order of importance

1- Damn Tough getting and keeping heat in motor.also can be tough to start at the initial start up. ( unless you jerry rig a gas primer etc...)

2- Condensation is a beeeotch...we all know what water in an engine does.

3- Corrosive to lines etc..Very Grainy fuel also

4- you might as well count on Double the maintenance with changing oil and washing down different parts of engine (Fuel lines,valve train etc..) if you care for your stuff as you should

5- as a result of the above it will wash out bearings much quicker then gas ever could.

6- it use to be cheap..now that it has spiked in price the Burn rate Vs Gas is not economical anymore...( pleae factor in your Top Lube as well)

7-You cannot see it Burning..it about got me 2 years ago after a carb back fire under the hood..we was on Fire and never knew it....

8- the fumes are major hazzardous..this stuff will posion your a$$ in a skinny minute..dont crank up in a enclosed place...DON'T put the scented top lube ( smells like candy to people and can cause them to purposely smell the fumes)...done went thru that also ( vp candy scent)..

9- can be more rapaidly absorbed into the Body thru Skin,Lungs etc...it will build in your system and shut down vital Organs..Got a good friend that went thru this..bout killed his a$$...the levels in his Blood were out freaking rageous.

Now this is just My take on it and why i chose to stop using the stuff,,,as a matter of fact i got 30 or so gallons left in a drum in my shop i would give someone if you could pick it up..

you will have other people tell you how much they love it and would never go back to gas..

i guess you have to listen to everyone and then make up your Mind whats it worth to you running the stuff.... ( if its worth 2 or 3 tenths) then i guess your down with it

Now IMO ya much better off,tweeking the engine for Nos ( cam,gear,converter) and picking up 7 to 8 tenths and be safe about it..if you in this for the power

i know this is long post but i wanted you to get my full opinion that you ask for.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-18-2009, 10:49 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Carbed, Gas

Just a comment here:

I have in the past comtemplated switching my car to alcohol, but after reading that last post by Brian - noway - I'll find that 2 or 3 tenths elsewhere.
Cp
Old 03-19-2009, 04:14 AM
onefastcamaro
SHOW GUEST

thanks for all the info... i do know alky is very toxic as well as corosive. i was just looking at the overall performance gain... my cam is good for 300hp shot of juice so maybe i'll go that way insted... I am a bracket racer so consistency is the key as you know....

tks again
joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -