Would like to run alcohol carb instead of Injection

Old 01-21-2008, 04:39 PM
jjentracing
JOURNEYMAN

Default Carbs

Yeah my gas carb is from Rupert, my dads is Rupert and my brothers is by Rupert. I had my car on alcohol at the beginning of the 07 season, but never run it at the track. It was during the winter and I decided to go to gas since this is what our other 2 cars were on. When I was at Beech Bend last March I sold my Rupert Alky carb back to him and bought a gas carb that he went through. Just wondering what gain I could expect if I did switch.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Carbs

Originally Posted by jjentracing
Yeah my gas carb is from Rupert, my dads is Rupert and my brothers is by Rupert. I had my car on alcohol at the beginning of the 07 season, but never run it at the track. It was during the winter and I decided to go to gas since this is what our other 2 cars were on. When I was at Beech Bend last March I sold my Rupert Alky carb back to him and bought a gas carb that he went through. Just wondering what gain I could expect if I did switch.
When i switched to rupert alky stuff it was worth .10 in the 1/4.. apd was worth .18
Old 01-21-2008, 06:30 PM
jjentracing
JOURNEYMAN

Default carb

Thanks David.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: carb

Originally Posted by jjentracing
Thanks David.
Not a problem, IMO alky has to many upsides not to run it.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Dave's numbers are on the money. The only thing to remember with alky is to get that oil temp up. Even though your water temp is up, let the oil soak up some heat. Try to be 165 or better and you will have no issues with milky oil.