New NHRA Rules

Old 12-28-2007, 11:16 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

NHRA has already revised the generator rule. Any mobile generator is excluded......I think I'll put the wheels back on mine so I can legally aim it at any crybabies within range!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Scotty2
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by johnracer
NHRA has already revised the generator rule. Any mobile generator is excluded......I think I'll put the wheels back on mine so I can legally aim it at any crybabies within range!
So do we read between the lines here ..... my onan is bolted down but it is mobile cause the trailer is .....RIGHT ? lol
Old 12-28-2007, 01:34 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-28-2007, 03:32 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

Generators to loud....... isnt that funny??? We are at the race track...running cars alot of times without any exhaust, even with the mufflers they are still pretty loud and yet we complain about somebodies generator being to loud. We work on the car in the pits, rev the crap out of it to figure out the problem .. and the generators are to loud...I dont know about you all but I have been to a mess of races and have heard all sorts of Generators running and I just figured that was part of the deal. You ever notice them trying to spool up a twin turbo car in the pits??? Thats pretty loud, but I guess thats an ok loud???I'm not going to judge anybody because they dont have a ultra quiet Honda, heck my first gen. was loud and you know what?? not one person ever complained about it. I was a low budget Bracket racer just out there doing the best I could with what I could afford, I figure thats what those racers are now, doing the best they can with what they got. :wink:

And the Gen. rule is for the fumes not the noise,so I have been told by some NHRA Officials, I guess I can see their point on that, so we will get the exhaust stack for our Motorhome and put it on when we are at the track.

This opinion is that soley of the writer and not in any way the opinion of this station.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:48 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Got a question. Seriously.
Does anybody know where I get a stack for my generator on my motor home. I'm guessing RV Dealer or do I make one?
I guess they want the fumes to go up high enough so your A/C unit will draw the fumes in the RV.
I don't know, this whole deal makes no sense to me at all.
Heck have people wear a OHSA approved mask and leave everybody else alone.
I quit smoking about 5 years ago before they band that outside too!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:28 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

JUST MAKE ONE!!!! IT MIGHT BE ALOT CHEAPER 8) 8)
Old 12-29-2007, 05:17 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

They had a link to one on another web site. i will go look for it and get you the link.