Alky Carb or Injection?

Old 11-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Drtmod5
MASTER BUILDER

Default Alky Carb or Injection?

I currently run a alky carb but not happy with it. Not consistent. Looking to go with a Terminator setup. Any suggestions?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:24 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

What kind of carb, what combination and what kind of car are you running?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Drtmod5
MASTER BUILDER

'89 S-10 408 sbc 9" w/ 4.56 gears 33x15 rears S&W back half w/ ladder bars weighs @2500lbs
th350 w/no brake (footbrake)
Currently have a 850 gas that I want to try or going to a different setup with the BBC I am trying to get ready.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:03 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

A few thoughts on this, first off you dont have enough motor for a terminator, a toilet yes but not terminator.

Do you run a egt ?
Does it gain temp during a run ?
What jets/air bleeds are you running ?
Did Ken Jones re-do it or someone else ?
Any carb can be made to work, hate to see ya give up on something that possibly can be made to work. If you are dead set on getting rid of it and going to a Injection setup, go to www.killerrons.com and call or email James Monroe, tell him I sent ya. If you'd like to get the carb right and want to send it to someone, www.apdracing.com talk to Randy, Joe or John I've seen them turn junk carbs into gold.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Drtmod5
MASTER BUILDER

Yes I use EGT & it changes from run to run. Can't recall jets at this time. I just was talking about the Terminator because a good friend of mine that runs S/G changed to one after years of carb setup and loves it. Says he'll never go back and suggested I go that route.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

What egts do you get ? on average ? more often then not a lean alky carb will be inconsistent is why I ask. I've never been a fan of a ken jones carb although some have had luck with them, several have not.

James is the guy you want to talk to about injection he is Rons guru guy and normally hits the nail on the head right out the gate.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Drtmod5
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks for the help. My friend gave me the # and said the same to give him as a reference as who told me to call. I think that's the way to go at this point.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I race with James from time to time and have purchased several things from him over the years. Easy to deal with. Straight Shooter dont get much better then him. I now have a terminator on my 582 its a copy machine and he will tell ya the samething. I ran a toilet a few years back also had decent luck with it.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Drtmod5
MASTER BUILDER

I've seen him at ET Raceway but never talked to him. I know his car runs well obviously. I'm tired of chasing things and just want it remedied with something reliable.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:12 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

He is the man then, didnt even notice you were from Indiana that will make it easy if you guys race at same track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -