Bought motor w/trans

Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 PM
illss
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Ok the temptation is to great I can't resist.
First off. You didn't get screwed, instead you screwed yourself, I mean cmon man think about?
Did you do any comparitive shopping?
Did you do the math? Calcualting the gas money it would take to drive there and back plus van rental fees? Did you check the local junkyards for a running 350? Chances are you drove past hundreds on the way there.
800 bucks maybe was on the high side, but think about what you got?
A std bore 400 4 bolt, highly deseriable block around my parts.
A bare one would bring 300 to 400 easy, not to mention those choice double hump heads all the stock dirt racers are looking for. I could get 200 bucks for them alone.
A good 350 turbo tranny which I'm sure you could sell in local paper for a couple hundred bucks.
Lastly, It was a high mileage, 36 year old motor sold as is. What the hell? You were expecting it to be a tight motor with no blow by?
Not that's just too funny. Believe me, you really opened ur self up for critisism here man, sorry no pity party for you on this one,
can you feel the love? Welcome to the forum. Charles
To answer ur questions yes i did shop around and got quotes from local machine shops and the best price i got was 1650 to rebuild my old one or 1650 for a rebuilt (350 2 bolt main) one plus core charge for a 350 cause no one had 400s an wouldnt take them as cores either . I've looked for 3 weeks on ebay to find something local an i checked craigslist then i got referred here an i got nailed here end of story . I did check junk yards since i happen to be in the auto industry an yet nothing so it was either SAVE up an wait which i wish i had did or believe this GUY an i did an BAM !!!!! I posted not for pity but to leave a feedback an my side of the story an i believe im in the right section of the forum . :twisted:
Old 06-27-2007, 04:24 PM
illss
APPRENTICE

If it was such a bad deal or something then why didnt anyone push to report the ad if it was so bad an obvious ? I learned from my mistakes an it takes one time .
Old 06-27-2007, 04:44 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

illss don't take all of this the wrong way like you just said you learned a good lesson and with this wisdom will come. But no one is going to tell another person what he thinks something is worth unless he is looking to buy the piece. Do you see what I am getting at there lots of things on racing junk that may not be what its worth to you but to them its the right asking price. Next time you will be ready at the deal you are working. So hang in there you have just started in the fun.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by illss
If it was such a bad deal or something then why didnt anyone push to report the ad if it was so bad an obvious ? I learned from my mistakes an it takes one time .
The ad was not reported because he did not misrepresent it.

Like I said before, and you state your in the auto industry, why didn't you pull the pan, check the motor over before you paid for it and loaded into your van?

a couple hundred in gas and van rental would have been better than what your going through.

We are not enemies illss, but you got what you paid for, nothing more nothing less.

Like they say in latin caveat emptor (buyer beware)
Old 06-27-2007, 06:59 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

CHEVYGUY65---ARE YOU FROM LATIN??/-I HAD A LONG LOST UNCLE ON MY AUNTS SIDE FROM THERE :lol: :lol: :lol: ---SOME NITES ARE JUST WEIRD!@!@!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:06 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
CHEVYGUY65---ARE YOU FROM LATIN??/-I HAD A LONG LOST UNCLE ON MY AUNTS SIDE FROM THERE :lol: :lol: :lol: ---SOME NITES ARE JUST WEIRD!@!@!
No, I just look latin.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:08 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

MAAAAAAN- YOU LOOK GOOD IN THAT DRESS!!!! :lol: 8) :lol:
Old 06-27-2007, 07:09 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
MAAAAAAN- YOU LOOK GOOD IN THAT DRESS!!!! :lol: 8) :lol:
I think so.... :shock:
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I THINK IV'E TOOK WAY TOOO MUCH COLD MEDICINE TODAY :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 06-27-2007, 07:30 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

HEY I'M NOT ALLOWED TO LOOK AT STUFF LIKE THAT YOU GUYS ARE GONNA GET MY OL LADY TO TAKE MY COMPUTER FOR A WEEK. ops:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -