Fuel/Air screws

Old 06-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

OK, I did not know having a primary PV meant that much jet size. I just assmed that going down that far on the carb I have could create too lean of a condition @ 72. The Secondaries are like in the 80's (maybe 84/86) & it is a blocked PV w/ jet extensions. See again, I have more of a drag carb than a street carb. The question is how to make it run most efficent on low/mid for street & be able to do minor tuning & run decent times on the weekends. It is frustrating when I am still learning too. It would be nice to have a drag car & street car!! God bless, Scooter
Old 06-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I bought a 950 hp new back when they first came out and it was jetted 78 front and rear with two power valves...just an FYI.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:47 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

If you have 86s in the rear the 76 you have would be close to being squared. I understood that you had 80s in the rear. Just remember the PV gives you 6 to 8 more jet sizes, in order to square the jets. Being a little lean on the street is good, mainly because your not going WOT that often. We usually jet down 2 sizes when racing 1/8 over 1/4 mile racing.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Copy that.

I forgot to mention that this car has a Dominator TeamG w/ a 4150 2" alumium riser as well which is angled/tilted to make the carb point down a little. I assume that everything should tune out the same as if it did not have the conversion/riser?? I assume this riser is for top-end??

Tod- I see there are 2 Quick Fuel 950's in my Summit book (both gas). One is about $100 more... I have the lesser expensive one (i think it was like $687 roughly. I forget the difference, but mine is stock that way w/ jet extensions & a secondary PV block. I like it for the extra adjustments (like the secondary butterfly) & the float windows etc....