Complaints about my ad's please step forward

Old 01-23-2008, 01:05 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

I say keep the lady also Ron. I will be spending money you here soon. I don't see what is wrong with your ad. Like I said before. KEEP THE LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
Old 01-23-2008, 03:19 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

I haven't been on here in awhile, and now I remember why. Boy are some people on here uptight. I mean pull the pencil out. There is nothing wrong with those adds. I use to live in Fl. and you would see that in a dept store. Keep the adds.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

Them same people that complain about your add will let their kids watch someone kill someone on TV. Now do I want my kids to kill or buy speed parts. lol Blow them off. They aren't going to buy anyway. They gave all their money to Jimmy Swaggert.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

:shock: uh oh.....
Ron, with all respect sir, I was one of those that voted no for the girls in your ads.....( runs and hides now behind the computer desk )

Dont get me wrong here, I do enjoy looking at good looking women, and I am not a prude or anything. Nor would I email or call to complain about your ads, .

Here is my thoughts on this....
I know hot babes and cars have gone hand in hand over the years, but to me selling like this only makes the business look low class and cheap, and needs to have the babes in order to sell. I know that sex sells, but to me it looks as though, when someone trys to sell this way, that they are covering up something with the item, by distracting you away from it with the girl.
So if I am looking to buy parts, am I going to look for the guy with the hottest babes, which comes down to a babe contest, or am I going to to buy from the guy that is most honest , best service, knows his stuff, and with a good (not necessary the cheapest) price.

Ron, you have developed a good reputation in such a short time, as a good guy to deal with, your name should be what gets people to buy, and not because you have babes in the ads. I looked at the links you posted, and I really cant see much of the item.

But it is your business, and you can advertise anyway you want, (within legal guidelines of course).

Regardless, I would still buy from you if I was looking for stuff, babes or not...

These are just my opinions, and no way a complaint or critisism of you or your company, or the hot babe in the ads.
Nor am I "offended", I just dont think it is necessary.... besides there are pleanty of places on the internet, if guys want to look at scantly dressed babes..... some more scantly dressed than others.... :shock:
Old 01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by etbird
I haven't been on here in awhile, and now I remember why. Boy are some people on here uptight. I mean pull the pencil out. There is nothing wrong with those adds. I use to live in Fl. and you would see that in a dept store. Keep the adds.
Hey E-bird..1st off Glad to see you back on the board...i need to say that the actions of 2 or 3 people ( THAT CALLED AND COMPLAINED TO RJ) that could or could not be part of the forum is not an accurate representation of our Forum here at RJ...most of this junk ( NOT THE POLL HERE ON THE FORUM BUT THE ANONYMOUS PHONE CAllS) has took place on the classifieds which is run seperately from us here on the forum..

also i spoke with Ron on the phone for about 2 hours tonight....

Hope to see you here more ..we have worked hard to make this forum a nice place to visit by weeding out the BS.....but no place is gonna be perfect, speacially when you have as many members as this forum has..

Thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by etbird

GEE ETBIRD---I THOUGHT YOU FELL OFF THE SIDE OF THE EARTH :x :x :x ---I HOPE YOU STICK AROUND [WE HAVE GROUP HUGS ONCE AWEEK AT RON OWENS SHOP!!!!!]---WE AREN'T ALL UPTIGHT :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: --LIVELY
Old 01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by mcracecars
So if I am looking to buy parts, am I going to look for the guy with the hottest babes, which comes down to a babe contest, or am I going to to buy from the guy that is most honest , best service, knows his stuff, and with a good (not necessary the cheapest) price.

Ron, you have developed a good reputation in such a short time, as a good guy to deal with, your name should be what gets people to buy, and not because you have babes in the ads. I looked at the links you posted, and I really cant see much of the item.
I just wanted to point out that in all of those ads he has more pictures of just the parts to look at, just like any other seller out there along with a nice detailed description of the item.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default ads

You know sometimes i REALLY don't understand people, what i would like to know, i looked up these ads, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM??? i say keep her, nothing wrong with it, If you are offended, just like T.V change the channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Dont get me wrong here, I do enjoy looking at good looking women, and I am not a prude or anything. Nor would I email or call to complain about your ads, .

Ed i dont have a problem with peoples opinion's we all have them .

And i appreciate your honesty that's always good to hear but for the ones that has been calling Rj and making there complaints about my ad's i would like to know what is the problem with them all i ask was for them to come in here and tell me and the others the problem so we all understand.

You voted against and didn't have a problem saying so and to why you did and i have great respect for some one that can speak there feelings but you didn't call RJ complaining about my ad's.

I want to hear those complaints and why just so i myself can understand the reasoning behind it.
I dont expect whom ever it is to do so but it sure would be nice if they would .
Curious minds would like to know.
thank you sir.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Hey Ron, I think that all of us has pretty much told you that none of us called in. Both the people who like her and the few that do have points for her not to be there have said so. I asked a friends wife for a answer to your question. She said" she doesn't mind him looking for car parts on line, but doesn't think there should be women dressed like that on a parts ad". So maybe your callers are just angry/jealous wifes or girlfriends. And since that is where the complaints are coming from it might be the answer. BTW she didn't know about the PICS until we showed her, so it didn't come from down here, LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -