Opinions welcome

Old 05-11-2007, 01:24 PM
MidLifeCrisis
APPRENTICE

bjuice,

Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I'm in no hurry... I fully expect to lose, lose often and LEARN. I've been lurking here for a while and am getting some of the lingo and such. Won't get taken at purchase.

I'm in Ohio and very close to Ronnie Hutter's shop. Have an offer to sweep floors for free in exchange for qualified info. (Can't afford a real Ronnie Hutter motor)

Thanks again. Any more comments and opinion are welcome.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:58 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis
bjuice,

Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I'm in no hurry... I fully expect to lose, lose often and LEARN. I've been lurking here for a while and am getting some of the lingo and such. Won't get taken at purchase.

I'm in Ohio and very close to Ronnie Hutter's shop. Have an offer to sweep floors for free in exchange for qualified info. (Can't afford a real Ronnie Hutter motor)

Hi and welcome on board...Now the lesson..It is "NOT" called a motor...It "IS" called an engine...Thought you had been lurking...Just had to do that but really welcome on and these guys will help you any time, but your motor is in the washer, dryer, hair dryer etc...
Old 05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
buffjhsn1
CRAFTSMAN

i keep my motor in the race car! 8) 8)
Old 05-11-2007, 04:20 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

bjuice,

i hope no offense taken..when i am ask for an opinion i DO NOT mind giving one...You will do great i am sure....Good luck..

brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-12-2007, 07:47 AM
MidLifeCrisis
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by bjuice
bjuice,

i hope no offense taken..when i am ask for an opinion i DO NOT mind giving one...You will do great i am sure....Good luck..

brian
No offense at all. I came here to get the input from folks like yourself. I really appreciate the help I'm getting.

Scott
Old 05-12-2007, 07:50 AM
MidLifeCrisis
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
bjuice,

Hi and welcome on board...Now the lesson..It is "NOT" called a motor...It "IS" called an engine...Thought you had been lurking...Just had to do that but really welcome on and these guys will help you any time, but your motor is in the washer, dryer, hair dryer etc...
Engine......got it. Steppenwolf sang "...get your motor running". Though Springsteen sang..."strap your hands 'cross my engine".

Now I'm confused.....lol.

Scott
Old 05-12-2007, 07:55 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

bjuice,

Engine......got it. Steppenwolf sang "...get your motor running". Though Springsteen sang..."strap your hands 'cross my engine".

Scott
If Steppenwolf called it a motor, then I am sold.....and what does springsteen know anyway...lol

What confuses me every morning is knowing which side of the bed to get out from....I don't want to get up on the wrong side of the bed...I still don't know for sure which side that is. Sometimes I don't even get out of bed cuz I am too afraid. :shock:
Old 05-12-2007, 05:37 PM
buffjhsn1
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by chevguy65
bjuice,

Scott
If Steppenwolf called it a motor, then I am sold.....and what does springsteen know anyway...lol

What confuses me every morning is knowing which side of the bed to get out from....I don't want to get up on the wrong side of the bed...I still don't know for sure which side that is. Sometimes I don't even get out of bed cuz I am too afraid. :shock:
thats why i sleep hanging upside down from the ceiling, no bed to get outta!
Old 05-13-2007, 06:34 AM
jimmybiggs
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

START AT THE TOP......Buy a TF FC ..... If you way out costs over a 5 year period it will be cheaper..... You'll get sponsors (Johnson & Johnson, Plastic Surgeons, Bayada Nurses, Divorce Attorneys) :P
Old 05-13-2007, 07:57 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default opinion

just my 2 cents worth: why a dragster to get started with?i started out in a sb camaro that i could still drive on the street if i had to. i learned alot with that car,tracks,other racers, night verses day races etc... all will be very important to you in the near future. we then went to different but faster door cars which none of them had chassis built into them again low cost racing but i got valuable seat time as well as experience in drag racing. when you do move to a open wheel base car be ready to lose and lose often but also be ready to learn how to win! watch very carefully all the racers who you will be racing against and learn them and their cars.dragster can be expensive but in the long run they are cheaper to maintain,run, repair and it doesnt take a high dollar engine to run in the 9s the first dragster we had i pulled a 454 out of a suburban changed the cam and intake, holley carb and a dual point dist. and went 950s and did it all day! got to love them cubic inches.as stated above be sure you take a seasoned racer with you when you buy a car to make sure it will be safe to race and your getting your moneys worth and i agree with the guys have to car run with you present if possible anyway enjoy and have fun! welcome to the site!!!!! mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -