turbo 400 built by harry tillman of aston pa.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Well mwcoc
SHOW GUEST

Were waiting??????????? :shock:
Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 AM
tillmanspeed
SHOW GUEST

Thanks guys! There's some really neat stuff on this site! We've always been a member and lurked around but never really needed to be a member of the site until now. Thanks for the warm welcome, though!

gungho, Probably won't hear from the guy. I think this was just a post to slander and then run. :roll:
Old 09-28-2009, 12:05 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tillmanspeed
Thanks guys! There's some really neat stuff on this site! We've always been a member and lurked around but never really needed to be a member of the site until now. Thanks for the warm welcome, though!

gungho, Probably won't hear from the guy. I think this was just a post to slander and then run. :roll:
Actually... Libel... Slander is spoken. :shock:
Old 09-28-2009, 04:24 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Oh we hear libel,slander here all the time, I like to call it blowing smoke, take it with a grain of salt :roll: :roll:

But welcome ''tillmanspeed'' to the nut house :shock: :shock:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 09-28-2009, 04:30 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

and we all know which hole the smoke comes out of :roll:
Old 09-28-2009, 04:45 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I run 727 mopar trans, and i have always,always been told start burnout in second gear then shift to third, never start in low gear :!: :!

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 09-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Just so you folks know....

I am sure you are all familiar with the term "neutral drop" (often times performed by teenagers in their parents cars). I have tested the good ol' TH350 in a 80's Monte Carlo @ red-line in neutral, slamming it down to low when I was a ripe 16 yr old kid. Given the vehicle was new at the time, she did take the abuse.... it was wet pavement. Granted the ol' 305 could only pony up about 155HP, it was still an impressive sight to behold. The TH350 did not break that night... but that car did have a short & hard life.

So the next time you think the TH350 is substandard... you just remember what Scooter did...

This message has been another fact finding moment by Scooter... your friend & TH350 semi-advocate.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:19 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

put a good sprag assembly & good quality frictions & steels in it . good for up to 500 hp. jmo.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:15 PM
mwcoc
SHOW GUEST

Default life

sprag is intact still....the trans was built for a blower car....i have the same trans in my altered going [email protected]k my profile page.... and it has been in the car for 11 years.....it should no have blown up like that....the trans was in an el camino with a bbc....street car....no power...i was a good costumer at tillmans and you would think that they would of at least bought me lunch or something....but i got nothing.....i was not driving the car when it blew up....a guy who owns a chassis shop was driving....mikes transmission of collingdale pa offered to build me a trans for free because thats how he is...i said no.....oh chris ,the phone works both ways....i spent a lot of money at your place....and you would think that you would want to keep me as a costumer....i do not want another trans ....almost forgot ...i am not slandering you ....this is just a life experience