Margaritaman by request...dial up, you've been warned!

Old 11-01-2007, 02:38 PM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Thanks for al the nice words!

I wasn't at the Labor Day Cruise, but there is an older gentleman that was there in a blown 67 that is solid red. People see him a lot and often get us confused. His has a red vinyl interior.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:53 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Red vinyl eeeeeewwwwwwwwww ops:
Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
real3fann
JOURNEYMAN

Car looks great as always MM
Old 12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

do live in that car as if i owed it i would be scared somebody would rip it off.......lol........unreal a show car and a race car.........u must spent a alot of time on that beauty is your wife jealous....jk
Old 12-03-2007, 10:38 AM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

thanks. She's not jealous. She likes it because she knows I'm never any further than the garage. Without the car I might end up a a bar...
Old 12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

i'm lucky i don't have a wife because i would never have my house as the shop is connected to the house and all u have to do is open the patio door in the living room and u r in the shop.....as u noticed my walls r cedar that is because there use to be a indoor pool.......whooooooo needs a pool it is filled in and a garage door added to the end now i have a 30x50 foot shop ....only one problem is the roof is ony 8 feet.....but i have lots of room for all my cars......have 4 cars and my truck in the shop......race car..75 pinto.....street car 64 fairlane sports couple 347 stroker....65 falcon futura doing a 427 sbf pro street......84 mustang gt with a 351 windsor done up.....still had room for my tools....a pool table...hot tub...a table and chairs...stero....pop machine for beer ...who needs any more i live in the frozen north so lots of cold winter nights and when we r done for racing it is a 7 month wait until racing starts again........still love your car though........i seem to have my hands into to many projects hence i bounce all over the place
Old 12-06-2007, 02:42 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

7 months??? I'd go stir crazy
Old 12-06-2007, 08:12 AM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by cepx111
7 months??? I'd go stir crazy
You and me both! I think we "might" go down for 2 months "if" the weather got wet.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:15 AM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

let me see the weather today is 0 degrees maybe colder with a 15 inchs of snow.......have any chains for the slicks and a good heater can go for a ride.........hey this is the frozen north
Old 01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Update

In an effort to keep up with Wesley's HP increase I changed a few things...LOL. Actually I had a planned head change a couple months back, but a recent major backfire caused me to change a few other parts too.

The ProComp heads came off. FWIW they worked great for the minimal strip usage. A close friend sold me his AFR 210s with Jesel Sportsmans for only a grand so I couldn't pass that up. I know there are better heads out there for blower motors (I did get your pm Bill which was greatly appreciated) but the price was way right. Also stepped up to some Manton pushrods 3/8" x .120 to keep up with those shaft rockers. The 6-71 came of and in it's place went an 8-71 from The Blower Shop with a matching intake. Head gaskets are now Felpro 1003s. And for piece of mind I switched to 8mm GT drive so I could use a kevlar belt.
Well, the difference is nothing short of mind blowing. A few spins around town caused a bit of fear and sore butt muscles. The only thing I don't have is a restraint which will be coming soon just in case it burps again (thanks again Bill).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -