HELP,NEED PART #

Old 09-22-2007, 01:44 PM
knova70
SENIOR BUILDER

Default HELP,NEED PART #

I am look ing for the part # on the right head studs that you should use on a GM aluminum BowTie Block with standand heads,the heads are AFR 220's they are aluminum,but use the same stamdand bolt layout as a stock head,I looked on arp site and they have so many different studs its hard to get the right choice,I know the block takes a special stud and the threads are 1 1/8 long and the bottom of the stud is rounded with a nipple,I'm sure somebody knows what this block takes,the main studs are the same as the head studs should be,it came with the main studs already,just need the part # on the main studs from ARP,thanks everybody,this is holding me up on getting this together,
Old 09-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: HELP,NEED PART #

Originally Posted by knova70
I am look ing for the part # on the right head studs that you should use on a GM aluminum BowTie Block with standand heads,the heads are AFR 220's they are aluminum,but use the same stamdand bolt layout as a stock head,I looked on arp site and they have so many different studs its hard to get the right choice,I know the block takes a special stud and the threads are 1 1/8 long and the bottom of the stud is rounded with a nipple,I'm sure somebody knows what this block takes,the main studs are the same as the head studs should be,it came with the main studs already,just need the part # on the main studs from ARP,thanks everybody,this is holding me up on getting this together,
Why don't you just call ARP ?
Old 09-23-2007, 04:27 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Make sure you get studs for aluminum blocks as they are bullet nosed on the end that go into the block and have much more thread and if worst come to worst call Dart and get a set from them.

What did the guy use when he plate honed your block ???