***Sellers beware: "jright222" do what you say you

Old 11-02-2009, 08:44 AM
mcculloughco
SHOW GUEST

Default ***Sellers beware: "jright222" do what you say you

I Had a 2004 ford f350 4x4 posted here on this excellent site and got alot of attention, and also some wrong attention by this goof who made promises his ars couldnt deliver. its been a week now waiting for his down payment and combined with my loss of work(600.00) and a retainer(300.00) given to my attorney to do the sale contract on the deal, i am out all this and the sale of my truck to others who were definitely interested in it. I AM PISSED AND FIT TO BE TIED ABOUT THIS JERK AND HIM WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY. MY ADVICE TO YOU ALL: DONT TAKE YOUR AD DOWN, DONT MAKE ANY PROMISES OR WASTE YOUR TIME UNTIL YOU HAVE A RETAINER, THEN MOVE FORWARD. i didnt go with my gut on this one and it cost me, so maybe my situation will help you avoid one similarly in the future. good luck and praise to the guys who work here, for helping me resolve this and get my ad reposted. good luck everyone.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:52 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Huh? A retainer to an attorney to fill out a bill of sale and sign a document or two for selling a vehicle? $600 for time off work? Did you take the week off waiting for his down payment? It sounds to me the only person that got some of your money for nothing was the attorney. I really am having a hard time understanding your gripe in your first post ever. I also have a very, very hard time believing you lost $600 from loss of work because he didn't send his down payment. If there are any more details, please elaborate as none of this really makes any sense in my opinion.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Why in the world would anybody move forward on a sale with no deposit?,I been getting deposits since the 5th grade when I sold my bigwheel.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I dont even mess with deposits, if you want it come and get it! if you list something, dont take it off the listing until it rolls out the driveway and you have the money in your hand!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-02-2009, 02:08 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by harbone66
I dont even mess with deposits, if you want it come and get it! if you list something, dont take it off the listing until it rolls out the driveway and you have the money in your hand!
So if you were a buyer you would drive cross country to buy a car without making a deposit?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Upset?

If I got pissed at every clown that assured me the checks in the mail I would spend all my time pissed off! The fact you removed the posting without a deposit shows your not very experienced at this..It does upset A person to be decieved on a sale but actually the buyer is under no obligation until you have some of his money in your hand..That in no way makes you feel any better,but thats the way it is..As for you having an attorney to sell your truck & Missing work makes no sense to me,Maybe Im missing something here? If your going to be a seller or buyer on this site,Get used to it--JMO
Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ***Sellers beware: "jright222" do what you say

Originally Posted by mcculloughco
I Had a 2004 ford f350 4x4 posted here on this excellent site and got alot of attention, and also some wrong attention by this goof who made promises his ars couldnt deliver. its been a week now waiting for his down payment and combined with my loss of work(600.00) and a retainer(300.00) given to my attorney to do the sale contract on the deal, i am out all this and the sale of my truck to others who were definitely interested in it. I AM PISSED AND FIT TO BE TIED ABOUT THIS JERK AND HIM WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY. MY ADVICE TO YOU ALL: DONT TAKE YOUR AD DOWN, DONT MAKE ANY PROMISES OR WASTE YOUR TIME UNTIL YOU HAVE A RETAINER, THEN MOVE FORWARD. i didnt go with my gut on this one and it cost me, so maybe my situation will help you avoid one similarly in the future. good luck and praise to the guys who work here, for helping me resolve this and get my ad reposted. good luck everyone.
Its really not that complicated.

I run a sole proprietorship for my cars and parts- I use an on-line legal service for my bill-of-sale- $30 annual subscription, multiple use and its valid and legal.

But did you know that your local DMV might have a pdf of a bill of sale downloadable for free? Maryland's does-

So $300 to an attorney for a retainer to draft a bill-of-sale is simply unnecessary, that you claim that you lost wages to meet the attorney was your choice and cost of doing business. Most attorneys I deal with offer evening hours to minimize or eliminate just such an issue. Did you ask?

As to holding a car on a proposed deposit, is this the first vehicle you ever sold? Did you browse the forum before you posted? If so you would see that failure to remit is a common occurrence.

Chris said it well- first to arrive with cash gets vehicle. But Gungho's comment is legit as well in this era of internet proliferation. So what do you do?

Hold the car for three days pending receipt of deposit. Not received, car in play.

If buyer says deposit is in mail, confirm that it is non-refundable and holds car for two weeks- confirm in writing (after receipt of payment) and then after two weeks car is in play again. (Again apply three day rule and if deposit comes in after vehicle sold then return deposit).

All you have to do is set terms that protect you and then document in writing- email makes it pretty darn easy dont you think?

Again, this stuff is not that complicated.

Scorp
Old 11-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah... what they all said. X2 & stuff like that.