WTH !!!!????....

Old 09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

We all stick together, COMMUNICATE, and support our brothers and sisters and life is good.
There were quite a few times in my long ago past where I was 2 1/2 pounds of pull away from nothing. SOMEthing or someONE made my finger go slack enough times that I finally took notice.
I am amazed each and every day how lucky, fortunate, and blessed that I am alive and loving my new wife and her 6 kids and 11 grandkids.
I also was a loner for what seems like centurys. "One is the loneliest number" is so very true.........
Old 09-10-2009, 04:30 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

scooter, you and i have alot in common,but you already knew that.long before this post i read between the lines.i have a good education that i did not use. a beautiful little wife who i just found out how much i love not long, and two kids who still love me, now 2 grandkids who love the ol man.i mentioned my past to get to the present.the feared drug test.with my history, narcotics are a no no.BUT without them the pain is to great.with them im so-called normal.i dont feel any effects from the dosages i take, but a normal man would od.that is fact.straight from the dr. mouth.i try do do everything i did before the wreck. my mind says i can ,my body says NO you cant.even with the brain damage, i still can build cars, bikes whatever.but not without the drugs. they keep the pain at bay(well somewhat)what i was trying to say was should i not be allowed to particapate in racing because of the drugs in my system, even tho i dont feel any effect from them.should my buddy be in rehab to keep his job because he had booze in his system more than 3 times in 2 months.how many of us had a few beers in the shop on fri.nite and went racin on sat.drug tests do not tell the whole story.i guess thats what im trying to say.(its the brain damage lol).BUT if its zero then i do believe you should test zero if you dont have a script or its illegal. missdd, i know exactly how you felt.when i was laying in a hospital bed in my own home, i reached in a drawer next to my bed pulled out a 357 and i pulled the trigger.someone had emptied the damn gun.i have pleny more but i couldnt get out of bed to get at them. i wanted to die so bad.i hurt so bad and death was so easy.i was mad at everyone who saved my life.hell i died twice before they got me stabilized. why didnt they just let me go. no pain. no bein crippled up, no nothing.i wanted to die until scooter kinda came into my life.and he didnt even know it. id read what he wrote and i wanted what he had. some kind of peace, something to believe in.ive been a outlaw biker almost my whole life and now i needed god here to help me and hes done so much to wake me up but i just didnt want him. boy how things have changed. go fiqure.scooter got intouch with me just a short time ago, out of the blue and he saved my life.and he doesnt even realize how much he helped me.thanks to all of you. youll never know how much you all mean to me.and i never have even met the first one. thanks hotrod1024 for callin me on the weekends. damn, i must be stoned lol
Old 09-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I am humbled by your post Ken. I am glad the 357 was empty... you are a cool guy. It is amazing what God can do... isn't it??!! True peace & true Joy I thought was something I needed to drink, smoke, or snort... I hated being in my own skin. God gave me peace & I had to work for it too. God made me accountable too. I love the changes in your life Ken... you have purpose here & your family needs you around. My grandpas died from all the booze... I think it is cool that you have grand kids who get to have an outlaw biker grandpa who is still around!! You made it... you found God.

I would say you still have "outlaw" in your blood anyways. We now live in a spiritual law under God. It does not always line up with our politicians, law makers, government, schools, or this world... I view some laws as not applicable to me still... you may know what I am talking about. I do not plan on denying God in front of people to please the masses, so when grace is in order, it will be given. Spiritual law comes up when I see someone trying to brain-wash my kids or tell me I can't do certain things... so I ignore some of them. I am not promoting Anarchy, just saying we get enough garbage from the world as it is. my guess is that you will be an Outlaw to a degree until your last breath. Anyways, keep you head up & keep diggin' !! Scoot
Old 09-10-2009, 04:53 PM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

You dont have to thank me Ken.I always enjoy talking to you.If I dont hear from you I call to make sure you are doin ok.Im doing my best to make sure to meet you in person 1 day.Youve become a great friend whom i have never even seen.Buddy, if I had my crap straight and a place to stay with a job I would move closer to you just so we could hang out.Take care and I will talk to you this weekend.(Ken is an fun guy to talk to guys.)
Old 09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Our founding Fathers were considered 'outlaws' and look where it has led U.S. . A devinely inspired nation, a beacon of light, that shining city on the hill. America.......that single word gives me goosebumps just to say it...It will take millions of 'outlaws' to keep this nation out of the hands of the REAL law breakers. Turn the other cheek,...it takes real Americans to do that. God is on our side gang.........
Old 09-11-2009, 06:40 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Bless you all. I also am fighting demons. I am glad to know I'm not alone.
Dave
Old 09-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Someone that can drink responsibly can never understand what it's like to be someone who can't. I make no excuses for the choices I made. It's been ten years and I still think about it daily. It will never go away, and I know that I can never again drink responsibly. After so many years sober it is easy to tell myself that I am better now, that I can have a beer if I want...but I cannot. All I can do is stay clean today, and then I will tackle tommoroww when it gets here.