JESEL BELT DRIVE

Old 07-13-2008, 03:45 AM
RAPPTOR23
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default JESEL BELT DRIVE

HOW OR WHAT DO YOU USE TO GET THE BALANCER BACK ON AFTER INSTALING A BELT DRIVE?? STANDARD BALANCER ? :cry: :shock:
Old 07-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

I just use the balancer bolt. Tell me more!!!! David.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:34 PM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

A Big FH!!!!!!! No only kidding :lol: ..There is a tool made to press it back on and I would not use the balancer bolt as it may pull the threads out of the crank..The Balancer bolt is only there to hold it from backing off the crank Not to use it to press it back on....

Some people are here to learn how to do things right. Not to make more problems for themselves....Lets try to give sound advice..
Old 07-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

BALANCER INSTALLER.

Easy to make if you have access to a lathe. Big threaded thing that is turned down on one end to match the threads in the crank. Thread it into the crank then use a nut and heavy washer to push the balancer on.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:31 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: JESEL BELT DRIVE

Originally Posted by RAPPTOR23
HOW OR WHAT DO YOU USE TO GET THE BALANCER BACK ON AFTER INSTALING A BELT DRIVE?? STANDARD BALANCER ? :cry: :shock:
This pic is the only one I can find quickly...
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...3fkva9it&tt=37

Looks like just install the balancer after the belt drive is installed.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

A balancer installer, atleast a good one goes for about $40.00 and has a roller thrust bearing on the front. You screw the center bolt all the way in and then pull the balancer on. It works the same way to remove the balancer. This way you have no chance of stripping the threads in the crank. If you mess with engines it's a good investment.

JMO

Zip.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:23 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

A good(emphasis on GOOD) bolt and a long nutwill do just as good a job as a balancer installer.I bought two pieces of grade 8 all thread,one to match sbc and one for bbc,and two nuts for each.Welded a nut on the end of each and use the other nut to push with.Usually use several fender washers,along with the heavy damper washer,all of them greased,to help cut friction.Works fine,not pretty or impressive at all,but I got two balancer installers for under $10 Just a thought for the other tightwads like me!!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Ive got a balancer installer from snap-on and it doesnt work nearly as good as my ARP bal bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! David.