anyone seen this 69 camaro in person ?????

Old 01-19-2011, 11:04 AM
sirswapsalot
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default anyone seen this 69 camaro in person ?????

i know this is a long shot but im flying to texas this week to pic up this 69 camaro 1962291 (that he is holding for me)

its a hell of a deal and i cant figure out why its been on here for 5 months.
i left a deposit and he is holding the car but i was just curious if anyone seen it in person ???

maybe its because CASH only and no TRADES but still 5 months is a long time.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

5k for a transmission rebuild?
I know I'm gonna get ripped for this, but I'm just being honest. That's the ugliest Camaro I've ever seen and it's a 6cyl. Sorry no harm intended jmo.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:00 PM
sirswapsalot
JUNIOR BUILDER

the 5000 was for everything, tranny, brakes, front end, u joints, labor, i know still a little high,

but the reason im looking at it is because its all original and has not had a 100 owners or a 100 motors put in it. thats hard to find on a 69 camaro at that price. (anywhere)

maybe it being a 6cyl is why no one bought it, but still 5 months is a long time to be on here, thats why i was hopen someone seen it in person.

kinda scary flying a couple state away on just pics.

by the way no harm taken, everyone has there own opinion. thanks for your 2 cents.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

$5k for a trans rebuild, did they stuff a Jericho behind that screaming 6 cylinder :?: :lol:
If its been on that long either they are not disclosing everything about the car or its just plain overpriced.
If you do go down to see the car pay close attention to the body mounts and bushings on the front subframe, look under the battery tray and at the radiator support bottom for heavy corrosion. I noticed in one of the pics it looks like the quarter panel to rear filler panel (above the trunk to the right) is smoothed over, there should be a seam there. Check in the trunk where the rear shock mounts come through and the rear frame rails for extensive rust. Front floor boards are also notorious for rotting out. Look closely around the front and rear window lower channels.
You can buy some nice small block powered (non matching #'s) cars for around $15K if you look hard enough.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Don't let me change your mind. If it's what you want buy it. I'm the oddball on here (and most other places too) anyway.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

in the link to the pic of rr qp why does that not look right
http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...SuperSize=true
Old 01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

it did look like mught be starting to push rust out by rear widow moulding
and to me it dont seem right but normaly seat belts same color as interior in this case they should be dark green like seat those apear to be harvest gold so the car may not be as seller says so in my opinion at that price i would run the other way
Old 01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

is it just me or does anyone else see two exhaust pipes on this 6 cylinder car? guess it could have a muffler back dual system??
[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

this car does not look right......look at the door gap on right side...BIG!! it reeks of aftermarket doors & quarters!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by maniac
is it just me or does anyone else see two exhaust pipes on this 6 cylinder car? guess it could have a muffler back dual system??
[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
also look at the trunk gap drivers side...tailpipes two for a six... :lol: :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -