poor 1/4 mile times

Old 07-07-2014, 04:04 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by rebel61 View Post
I pulled the valve covers and found a bad cam lobe.
Really hate to hear that. I'm glad you found something, just wish it had been something simple.

Curtis
Old 07-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

I missed the post about finding a bad cam lobe.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:50 PM
jtortorete
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Rebel61
a lot of times a guy such as yourself does not post enough information on what you want out of your car and the combination you have put together. Also what you are willing to do to get where you want to be. You are drag racing one of the most popular cars people like to race, and like to go fast in, but your combination is not one for doing that.

It now sounds like the used motor you bought is not that you thought it was and has a bad cam plus what else. So i think you are at a point where you need to step back and see that you really want to do with your car, what you want it to run, and get some honest help with a combination to get you to where you can afford to go.

Just trying to save you the grief i went through in the beginning. It becomes no fun to waste good money after bad and never really enjoy your car. Just saying.

Jt
Old 07-13-2014, 04:56 PM
rebel61
SHOW GUEST

installed new cam and lifters. Took the car for a ride and around 3000 rpm it starts missing and backfiring.. I double checked the valve adjustment and test ran again the same problem??
Old 07-16-2014, 03:36 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by rebel61 View Post
installed new cam and lifters. Took the car for a ride and around 3000 rpm it starts missing and backfiring.. I double checked the valve adjustment and test ran again the same problem??
Did you go back with the same cam? Did you check the obvious, plug wire order, look at the plugs to see if it's lean?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:59 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

What did you find out on this?
Old 07-29-2014, 12:18 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Did you do a complete cam with lifters and springs? Did you do a compression check to check the rings, valves and head gaskets?