WHERE ARE THE PRICES ??? HOW CAN YOU SELL WITHOUT A PRICE?

Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

On the flip side... I posted an ad (ends today) looking for a dirt modified chassis to replace my crashed frame. I put a price of $2000 for a NEWER chassis in very good condition, within 500 miles.
It is amazing how many $3000 plus 10 year old wore out broken basket cases over 1000 miles away came flying out of the woodwork...?
Do people really not read the details of the ads or are they really thinking I am going to bend that far in desperation...? I can buy a brand new top name brand frame chassis for $3600, so I was giving room for reason.
If I repost the ad I will not put a price or distance because they will not pay attention anyway.

As for selling, just like Pawn Stars and Real Deal, the seller should throw out his highest asking price and offer OBO negotiations for debate of those who might be able to afford to come within a deal. If the seller is set in stone firm, then they should say so right up front, with serious inquiries only, but be realistic on the value of the item they are trying to unload from... :roll:
Old 12-07-2011, 06:16 AM
gump
SHOW GUEST

I also think some are too cheap to pay the appropriate honor payment!! Hence,no price.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default well spoken

very well spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just dont understand [ i am not very educated :shock: ] are we SELLING or DISPLAYING :?: you are correct, most dont read the whole ad > they dont even read this column either or it would help them. i have responded and left a message they forgot the price in their ad and they respond back> make me an offer!!! HOW RIDICULAS :twisted: i once put 'trades must be made AFTER 1975 have 4 wheels and a title' > low and behold i got offers 99 k2500 hot tub, and even a $$$$ wave$$$$ runner$$$$$$ the other day! it was 30 degrees i cant swim? i just deleted my ads for now. ********************************** we should try an experiment??????? any ideas??? *************************************** maybe i should have offered you my old back half 32 roadster frame for you to convert to a NEW chassis LOL . no price :!: wow :!: what are we really thinking?? we are wiser than that? like i said when we shop at a retail shop and find NO PRICE we get pissed. isnt this a way to retail our vehicle and item we have to sell? i am amazed at what i see sometimes, very interesting to say the least. the very SPECIAL cars [tripple dipple copo] dont get a price unless you beg for information that you actually dont deserve. thats why they await to educate us how great the vehicle is and how it slipped by the inspectors at the factory with a big block, 4 speed ,ac ,power window, ps steering,and console with drag pack 8) . sure the vin says' 6 banger' but this one slipped by un-noticed :wink: [ i got this car from BUDGET BOB and his word is good just ask his brother DISCOUNT DAN he can document this car if you need him to.] ha ha ha ha ha ha ha make me an offer and its my loss your gain ha ha ha ha