Michael Steele @ Heads Up Chassis is a liar and a thief!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:01 PM
langjones
SHOW GUEST

Default To Michael Steele

I'm 41 years old and this is the first internet forum i have ever posted on. I do not take it lightly at all. As for my trailer, it was made by Down 2 Earth trailers in Baxley, Georgia and was paid for by the engineer friend who owed me for a job i did for him. Even today i don't know what it cost. It is unimportant. It is a very nice trailer.

I couldn't agree to a upgrade on the struts because you never once would give me a price. You would only say "a little more." I had a extra $2000 with me to handle any upgrades but beyond that i would have been in trouble. We didn't discuss anything that would have cost that much i don't think.

My biggest deal Mike is that i have to schedule my time off closely. I asked you for a date and then told you when i'd be there, after the date you gave me. I would have hated to reschedule, but it would've been preferable to what happened. A phone call from you would've fixed this.

I do not agree with your posting but there is no sense in going back and forth on it. Besides, you said you would try to make it right. You and the guys in the forum decide what is right and i will accept.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:10 AM
michaelsteele
SHOW GUEST

Default Answer to bjuice's question

bjuice,

I called Racing Junk to see if I had ever been reported in RJ's classified section for any kind of scam activity, and they took a neutral stand and I did nto get a simple yes or no answer. Actually, no answer at all. The rep. also told me that Racing Junk does not monitor or take sides on any matter in the forum section. I don't know, just what I was told. Maybe you can call RJ and get a clear answer.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Just a few confusing statements Mr Steele:

You said:
1."Well, the first thing I find out when I find a product I am interested in purchasing, is the price."

here is what the buyer said:
"I couldn't agree to a upgrade on the struts because you never once would give me a price. You would only say "a little more."

So Michael, if finding out the price is important to you as a buyer or buisness owner (as you said you have done this now for "10 years") why not a signed agreement that stipulates ANYTHING about price, upgrades, changes, etc...??? Here is what the buyer said: "As for a signed agreement by both of us, no."

2. You said: The chassis was about 85% welded out when he left with it and the only place that was not welded was where the roof section up top, the outside of the rocker bars where the a-pillar bar and strut knee brace joins.

Here is what the buyer said: "a partially finished tube chassis, only tacked in places
and not attached to the body. A nine inch housing with a brace welded on it along with the 4 link brackets, not cut to length. A ragged set of front struts and rear coil overs. (unattached)"

Mr. Steele, you were posted about on here for a reason. It is not because you provided outstanding service at a competitive price according to the buyer. You clearly state that you did not make the job on time... good honesty. The 2 things that keep coming up is your price & confusion & a deadline was not meant. That is your responsibility... not your other customers, not your buyer on this transaction, IT IS NOT GODS responsibility, etc.... If you look into a few verses in the Bible it will say things like: "let your yeses be yeses, & your no be no's". If you can't do the agreement; tell the buyer that in the beginning. Sleepless nights??? Check with your local HOLY SPIRIT bud!!!! You are wrestling with spiritual warfare because you didn't get the job done on time & were not clear!! Last, I have ZERO doubt that if you have truly prayed about this, you already know what to do to make things right. I am only chiming in because you make an attempt to quote scripture & save souls in a very ironic time as you are being named for FALLING SHORT OF THE GLORY ON THIS JOB. It is blindingly obvious that God is already been dealing with you on this... don't chastise his grace right now. Once you have done the right thing, then maybe you can go & preach to poor souls on the general info thread... now is not the time. Keep praying about this & I GUARANTEE this will work out... but make excuses & justify your actions while hiding behind God will not. Last: this is only my opinion based on what I see here. I could be wrong, I could be overstepping my bounds, etc.... but don't use God to make yourself sound better!!!!!!!! That irritates me BIG TIME!!!! We all fall down from time to time... God lifts us up. JMO. Scooter
Old 06-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Just a few confusing statements Mr Steele:

You said:
1."Well, the first thing I find out when I find a product I am interested in purchasing, is the price."

here is what the buyer said:
"I couldn't agree to a upgrade on the struts because you never once would give me a price. You would only say "a little more."

So Michael, if finding out the price is important to you as a buyer or buisness owner (as you said you have done this now for "10 years") why not a signed agreement that stipulates ANYTHING about price, upgrades, changes, etc...??? Here is what the buyer said: "As for a signed agreement by both of us, no."

2. You said: The chassis was about 85% welded out when he left with it and the only place that was not welded was where the roof section up top, the outside of the rocker bars where the a-pillar bar and strut knee brace joins.

Here is what the buyer said: "a partially finished tube chassis, only tacked in places
and not attached to the body. A nine inch housing with a brace welded on it along with the 4 link brackets, not cut to length. A ragged set of front struts and rear coil overs. (unattached)"

Mr. Steele, you were posted about on here for a reason. It is not because you provided outstanding service at a competitive price according to the buyer. You clearly state that you did not make the job on time... good honesty. The 2 things that keep coming up is your price & confusion & a deadline was not meant. That is your responsibility... not your other customers, not your buyer on this transaction, IT IS NOT GODS responsibility, etc.... If you look into a few verses in the Bible it will say things like: "let your yeses be yeses, & your no be no's". If you can't do the agreement; tell the buyer that in the beginning. Sleepless nights??? Check with your local HOLY SPIRIT bud!!!! You are wrestling with spiritual warfare because you didn't get the job done on time & were not clear!! Last, I have ZERO doubt that if you have truly prayed about this, you already know what to do to make things right. I am only chiming in because you make an attempt to quote scripture & save souls in a very ironic time as you are being named for FALLING SHORT OF THE GLORY ON THIS JOB. It is blindingly obvious that God is already been dealing with you on this... don't chastise his grace right now. Once you have done the right thing, then maybe you can go & preach to poor souls on the general info thread... now is not the time. Keep praying about this & I GUARANTEE this will work out... but make excuses & justify your actions while hiding behind God will not. Last: this is only my opinion based on what I see here. I could be wrong, I could be overstepping my bounds, etc.... but don't use God to make yourself sound better!!!!!!!! That irritates me BIG TIME!!!! We all fall down from time to time... God lifts us up. JMO. Scooter
Scooter as well said as any man could do.

I found Mr. Steele's propensity to heavily praise the Lord to remind me of a car deal I once was in. I bought a 61 Impala Bubbletop from a gent in Atlanta and he delivered the car to my house. As I looked the car over to compare to his description, and emails, he God Blessed the heck out of me and praised God about 25 times as I climbed under the car on the trailer.

At about this time was when I noticed the rear was way off in tire clearance from side to side, which seemed to indicate the Impala had been whacked in the rear. When I pointed this out the he stopped God blessing me and got a little nervous. I told him I wouldnt take the car unless he covered me for fixing the rear. He knocked $1000 off the price and didnt mention God again.

Long story short, in a car deal when God's name comes up I hear warning bells; its an immediate red flag.

Keep God in your heart and keep him out of car deals.

Mr. Steele your post reminds me of the guy in Atlanta.

Rigs you nailed it brother.

Scorp
Old 06-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

So if you want to "make it right within reason" Mr Steele, what do you need langjones to make you happy?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Answer to bjuice's question

Originally Posted by michaelsteele
bjuice,

I called Racing Junk to see if I had ever been reported in RJ's classified section for any kind of scam activity, and they took a neutral stand and I did nto get a simple yes or no answer. Actually, no answer at all. The rep. also told me that Racing Junk does not monitor or take sides on any matter in the forum section. I don't know, just what I was told. Maybe you can call RJ and get a clear answer.
the classifieds and the forum are run seperate. I was making reference to the classifieds if you was ever reported.

thank you Rigs and Scorp for posting your thoughts and opinions. I get a little ( A-LOT) irritated when RJ gets dragged into situations it shouldn't be. that became the norm among a few for many months. Now I ask again does anyone have any proof Mr Steele has ever been reported to RJ Classifieds ( prior) to this incident and is still allowed to post ads ?

if so PLEASE post your proof...I think its obvious why I am asking this Question.

now Mr Steele please understand something I am in no way taking your corner but instead I am standing in RJ's corner which is a very reputable site that will not allow a proven scammer to post ads....

Now I have said enough and I think my point is very Clear.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Juice- I understand; I am sure that if you wanted to waste time on drama in the forum alone, it could totally consume you. I also understand your deliberate neutral position for the obvious reasons. You are a good man. On the other hand, because I am a regular ol member, I can get away with speaking my mind completely... I hope I have not been too harsh or offended anyone.

Scorp: thanks ol' friend. You are a corner stone of reading between the lines to sort out the truth here. Good to see you around.

I did some checking on Mr. Steele's history. In Zips defense, I believe he has seen a few indicators in the past. Here was Zips post back in December regarding Mr Steele when a perspective customer was asking about his work:

"There has been some bad threads in the past 2 yrs. about this person, i don't know where the post are, but a bunch of really disappointed customers, saying he worked out of his garage, didn't deliver, and then the work was junk. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come aboard and answer your question better, but from the previous post i would suggest you be really careful, before you make this purchase."

Any of this ring a bell Mr. Steele??? Sound familiar to your latest dilemma?

Funny thing- one of those random mystery posters chimed in somewhere in this older thread by the name of "Michael" who went on to say how great Mr. Steele's work was, pricing, welding, etc/ blah blah blah.... etc... this man named "Michael" ironically posted once; but only in that thread. Coincidence??? You be the judge. At any rate, I don't think past posts on Mr. Steele have been most favorable. Mr. Steele? Comments??
Old 06-08-2011, 04:11 PM
michaelsteele
SHOW GUEST

Default 96 Firebird

Before Mr. Jones left my shop, I told him I would travel to North Carolina on my expense and finish the car, and not charge another penny for doing so. I do not know what more I can do for him. I am not making excuses because I did not finish his car on time, but am taking upon myself, and is my decision, (not any one else forcing me to) to travel to Mr. Jones shop to finish his car. If Mr. Jones does not want me there, I totally understand.

As for hiding behind God and making excuses, I take full responsibility for my own actions. I know what I was before Jesus saved my soul, and I am no different now, in that, I am a hell deserving sinner, saved by the grace of God, and I can only stand justified through the blood of Jesus Christ and there is no goodness within me.

I am not running or hiding, but maybe it is best for the Racing Junk racing community, if I pull my ads off of racing junk and stop offering drag car services. This is something I truely love to do, (build chassis/suspensions/etc...) but is best for every one. If you have any questions for me, I will stay on the RJ forum until my monthly dealership has expired.

Mr. Jones? What would you like me to do concerning your car?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:30 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 96 Firebird

Originally Posted by michaelsteele
Before Mr. Jones left my shop, I told him I would travel to North Carolina on my expense and finish the car, and not charge another penny for doing so. I do not know what more I can do for him. I am not making excuses because I did not finish his car on time, but am taking upon myself, and is my decision, (not any one else forcing me to) to travel to Mr. Jones shop to finish his car. If Mr. Jones does not want me there, I totally understand.

As for hiding behind God and making excuses, I take full responsibility for my own actions. I know what I was before Jesus saved my soul, and I am no different now, in that, I am a hell deserving sinner, saved by the grace of God, and I can only stand justified through the blood of Jesus Christ and there is no goodness within me.

I am not running or hiding, but maybe it is best for the Racing Junk racing community, if I pull my ads off of racing junk and stop offering drag car services. This is something I truely love to do, (build chassis/suspensions/etc...) but is best for every one. If you have any questions for me, I will stay on the RJ forum until my monthly dealership has expired.

Mr. Jones? What would you like me to do concerning your car?

SAVED 8)
Old 06-08-2011, 09:47 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

What come's to my mind is a few yrs. ago a Mopar person, had a Mopar at Mr steele's place to back half and frame ties it was there for about 6 mos. and long overdue. So the person came down to check on his car and why it was not finished yet. When he got there, the car was setting out in the elements and was so rusty it would be impossible to finish welding without sand blasting. I donnot remember the RJ members name, but it was posted on the scammer forum a few yrs. ago. He finally gave up and took the car home with him, at least that's what he posted on RJ scammer forum.

JMO

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -