Temps

Old 12-07-2011, 04:37 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Here it has already started. Temps into the 20's and just north already had inches of snow. When the snow machine starts here in NE Ohio it don't turn off until March or April. The temps get teens and lower before wind chills. The summer time is 80-90 degrees June-August and the humidity come July and August gets up there.

I don't mind a little snow or occasional temps being cold come January or February but it seems like the cold comes sooner and last longer any more here. I am thinking SE TN or in the Carolinas. The winters there seem shorter and much more milder. I don't mind the summer heat.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by harbone66
Supposed to be 30's as the high and lower teens the rest of the week. Cant complain, had a super mild October and November...
HIGH 30'S :shock: I'D BITCH AND WHINE EVERYDAY :lol:

i thought you DID THAT ALREADY !!!! :? :lol:
Lively, You got me on that one.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:08 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Green Bay, could be single digits Friday.May have to put the shorts away
Old 12-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Supposed to be 30's as the high and lower teens the rest of the week. Cant complain, had a super mild October and November...
Hey Rabbit, high today here was 42, low tonite is 32 and tomorrow is 29 and i'm a 100 mi. south of you and 500mi closer to Texas, where all this bad weather is comming from. My light bill for the house was $31.00 and the shop $19.00 but my gas bill was $57.00, i heat,cook, and hot water with gas. I hate this weather, no heat in the shop and Deisel is $3.50 a gal for the flame thrower, and it's rained for the last 3 days.
WiNTER SUCKS.

zip.
ZIP: I don't have a big house, but my gas bill (heat is like 52.00/average) which I have to pay in the Summer too... electric is like always over 100.00.. why is it so much less there? I don't get that... I am getting robbed. Must be my kids always leaving the lights on. I agree, winter sucks. :roll:
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Scoot, Ya need motion activated light switches...
Old 12-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Maybe.... but MY KIDS need some motion activation switches... or I going to activate some motion on their playtime... or maybe a STOP motion switch on that XR80 Honda my son wants. :shock:
Old 12-07-2011, 07:42 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Originally Posted by zipper06
Hey Rabbit, high today here was 42, low tonite is 32 and tomorrow is 29 and i'm a 100 mi. south of you and 500mi closer to Texas, where all this bad weather is comming from. My light bill for the house was $31.00 and the shop $19.00 but my gas bill was $57.00, i heat,cook, and hot water with gas. I hate this weather, no heat in the shop and Deisel is $3.50 a gal for the flame thrower, and it's rained for the last 3 days.
WiNTER SUCKS.

zip.
ZIP: I don't have a big house, but my gas bill (heat is like 52.00/average) which I have to pay in the Summer too... electric is like always over 100.00.. why is it so much less there? I don't get that... I am getting robbed. Must be my kids always leaving the lights on. I agree, winter sucks. :roll:
Rigs, my house is small also, 1440 sq ft, my shop is bigger 34X66 ft., gas is like $20.00 in the summer, goes to $130.00 in the coldest mo's. The light bill goes to $140.00 in the 100 degree months with the AC running full time. I have a great electric company (energy) and natural gas. On the other hand my house in Ms. is 1842 sq ft and the electric bill is twice as much (TVA electric) and the gas is propane is about $600.00 in the winter. Go figure, i owned a 3600 sq ft house in ms and the electric bill was cheaper than the 1842 sq ft house, the big house was on Energy elec.
The elec company charge what they want too and if you live in their district you have to pay (no choice's)

Life suck when you are on SS, i used to always have money in my pocket, now i barely it from month to month and racing has slowed down to a crawl.

Zip.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:23 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well its cold right now its 5 am and its 26 outside.i was gonna go out to the shop this morning but i cant afford the damn heat. propane is 3.39 a gallon here and with a 100 gal .min. thats gonna eat into my parts bill.my house is kinda big and we have a heat pump. but we have 4 electric meters on my property one for the hotrod shop, one for the bikeshop and pool, one for my house and one for a 2 story cottage and a smalll building that i converted into a living space for my retarted bro.inlaw.so my electric bill, just electric.is about 1000. a month.but we also have 2 lights at both ends of the driveway and lites down the side of the sidewalk to the house.and lites around the pond so we use alot of juice.but if we didnt have lites out here you couldnt see anything at nite.