PLEASE HELP ! Advice on hydraulic throwout bearing clearance

Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 AM
ibet55
SHOW GUEST

Default PLEASE HELP ! Advice on hydraulic throwout bearing clearance

Hey everyone,
Thanks in advance for any advice. I bought a Richmond 6 speed that has a hydraulic throw out bearing on it. I don't know the brand, can't figure out any way to shim this thing. I have exactly 1/4" clearance between the pressure plate and bearing when all put together. My question, is'nt that too much, 1/4" :shock: ??? I can't tell how this thing would even move that much, let alone more to disengage the clutch.
Everything is basically new (31 miles) and the man said it worked fine. Why would he install, drive 31 miles, and remove, if it worked fine. The clutch plate looks burnt (SMOKED) I gotta wonder if it worked right. Just don't want to install all of this on this guy's word. Maybe I should just buy a new, better hydraulic settup and start over, with shims and warranty, stuff like that.
Thanks a bunch everyone.
Roy
Old 07-30-2010, 07:52 AM
outlaw28
APPRENTICE

Default clearance

If you have a 1/4 inch clearance between the throughout bearing and the pressure plate fingers and you still have hot spots on the p plate you have a week pressure plate ! As to awnser your question on the proper clearance from the pressure plate fingers to the throughout bearing is 3/16 minumum to 1/4 max! Hope this helps
Old 09-08-2010, 07:00 AM
McleodRacing
SHOW GUEST

We offer a bearing that bolts in place of your factory bearing retainer P/N 1308. If you have hot spots, your bearing may have been to far away from the pressure plate and was not disengaging the p/p fully for a clean release.