need help with front coil springs

Old 07-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I have done it all different ways. I've used all thread,I've tied the car down and used a floor jack,and I've used a Spring compressor..but by far the best way is this.

Originally Posted by Tod74
Look in the yellow pages for a spring place.There is a place in Indy that sells springs and For around $20 they will compress a pair of springs for you and band them together.You just instal everything then reach in with some cutters and cut the band.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

ESPECIALLY for this particular job, I would NEVER use a cheap Chinese junk tool. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Good way to loose your head !!
Load it on a car trailer and tie it down to so you can use a floor jack under the 'A'arm to compress it.
I dont think they make a good american made one any more. I think the OTC set I have is made you know where :x
Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

ESPECIALLY for this particular job, I would NEVER use a cheap Chinese junk tool. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Good way to loose your head !!
Load it on a car trailer and tie it down to so you can use a floor jack under the 'A'arm to compress it.
I'm with you on buying as much american as I can, but if you don't buy anything made outside of the USA you will be walking to work naked. Everything has something to do with some or part of it from over seas anymore.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:44 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit

I'm with you on buying as much american as I can, but if you don't buy anything made outside of the USA you will be walking to work naked. Everything has something to do with some or part of it from over seas anymore.
Oh yeah, I hear ya !
I'm talking about the quality of the parts that critical tools are made of. One little single weak link in the multiple parts that make up a spring compressor and that spring explodes. Looking back on all the times and methods I've used to compress automotive coil springs, it's a wonder I've still retained my OWN head ! :shock: :shock:
Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit

Oh yeah, I hear ya !
I'm talking about the quality of the parts that critical tools are made of. One little single weak link in the multiple parts that make up a spring compressor and that spring explodes. Looking back on all the times and methods I've used to compress automotive coil springs, it's a wonder I've still retained my OWN head ! :shock: :shock:
Me too. I've had them shoot all the way across the shop. remember I use to be a Ford truck guy. ops: ops: