Rude Users

Old 04-19-2008, 06:10 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Rude Users

Originally Posted by pitchersperf
This site seems to have an unusual amount of subscribers that after they solicit input and messages on their classifieds ie: trade for? You send a message with the possible trade information fitting the description of their interest and they just don't bother replying The just leave you hanging, so you don't know if it's been sold, they died or just not interested or even if they got the message or not. I have sent 6 replies to in the last week to people and not one response back . I lost interest in racingjunk about a year ago and stopped using it because of this very same situation and it looks like it has'nt changed... Maybe the moderators of the site should urge the people to be more responsible and responsive in the classifieds. I'm sure i am not the only one who has been frustrated by this.

a few things here..1st off its not a pefect world and i agree with you a person should answer a message sent to them in a timely manner in a pefect situation,2nd -i feel if the buyer is interested enough to ask questions you need to make a call..either or i find it hard to swallow that failure to return a messages on the sellers part would have you or anyone fed up with this site..this is NOT the sites fault..is it ??????..maybe i am missing something here.

also us Moderators have nothing to do with the classifieds what-so-ever..we are 3 or so guys that volunteer our time to helping keep the RIFF/RAFF off the forum or at least under control...trust me its not the easiest thing to do at times...and thankless most of the time.....but thats ok...Reason i do it is because i BELIEVE in this site AS A WHOLE PACKAGE..its the best all the way around when you take a look at the whole picture (imo)..i been here since 2003 and seen many come and many go..and many come back.....

so although i understand your frustration, My advise to you is enjoy the site and its many options and benefits...and let thr riff raff find its way to the bottom or out the door if forum related.

glad your back

later Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-19-2008, 06:17 PM
procitation
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Drag Racing Rules

We have set up ads and sometimes get many messages. Not one message writer has ever panned out. In fact, I feel that I spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to answer long detailed questions. What is this spec, what is that spec, will you ship here and how much? Then after much time researching answers, these people never respond back. Perhaps not true for all of you, but I feel that message writers are to some degree just wasting my time. I still answer within 24 hours, but would much rather receive a call. :roll:

http://worldsfastestorganization.com
http://loperspeed.com

Old 04-19-2008, 07:13 PM
sg5492
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by jmtire
I'm a calling , when I find something I want I call RITE NOW before someone else gets it, learn that from my wife, she says I put stuff off, not when it comes to racing!!!!
A few years ago one of the guys that I work with told me about a Chevelle that was for sale. He said it was real nice and he only wanted $8,500 out of it. He gave me his # and I didn't call. About 2 weeks past and it was in the paper so I called. He told me it sold to the 1st guy that called for $8,500. He also said I might have let it go to cheap and then he told me about the car. And yes it was nice.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Rude Users

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by pitchersperf
This site seems to have an unusual amount of subscribers that after they solicit input and messages on their classifieds ie: trade for? You send a message with the possible trade information fitting the description of their interest and they just don't bother replying The just leave you hanging, so you don't know if it's been sold, they died or just not interested or even if they got the message or not. I have sent 6 replies to in the last week to people and not one response back . I lost interest in racingjunk about a year ago and stopped using it because of this very same situation and it looks like it has'nt changed... Maybe the moderators of the site should urge the people to be more responsible and responsive in the classifieds. I'm sure i am not the only one who has been frustrated by this.

a few things here..1st off its not a pefect world and i agree with you a person should answer a message sent to them in a timely manner in a pefect situation,2nd -i feel if the buyer is interested enough to ask questions you need to make a call..either or i find it hard to swallow that failure to return a messages on the sellers part would have you or anyone fed up with this site..this is NOT the sites fault..is it ??????..maybe i am missing something here.

also us Moderators have nothing to do with the classifieds what-so-ever..we are 3 or so guys that volunteer our time to helping keep the RIFF/RAFF off the forum or at least under control...trust me its not the easiest thing to do at times...and thankless most of the time.....but thats ok...Reason i do it is because i BELIEVE in this site AS A WHOLE PACKAGE..its the best all the way around when you take a look at the whole picture (imo)..i been here since 2003 and seen many come and many go..and many come back.....

so although i understand your frustration, My advise to you is enjoy the site and its many options and benefits...and let thr riff raff find its way to the bottom or out the door if forum related.

glad your back

later Brian
I think the mods do a great job. Awesome site for information and a little fun too.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:41 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

first id like to say rj cant control how people act or react to adds posted here. nor can any other site.this site is just a gathering place for car guys.(and gals). i think they do a damn good job of keeping this site up and running in the right direction i have enough faith in rj that i wanted to be a part of it so i sent my $49.00 in to become a member, and if i ever sell anything i will make my honor payment.i did buy a rearend on rj and i sent that man a dozen messages and a call or two.i dont know if i would have anwsered all them messages that i sent, but he did and he did it pretty quick too.im sure he thought i was a pain in the a$$ but he kept on anwsering and i finally bought it. by the way brian i thank you ken
Old 04-20-2008, 07:02 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Only a few reasons I am rude to other users
1. When they send me a messege offering 1/2 what something is worth without seeing it.

2. When I am browsing and I see a part that is not listed correct, I will send them a messege to tell them thats not what they have, they always rude back so I send another one being rude back. Example Search matty box on rj ... $825.00 for someone to find out when they buy it, its a digital tester not a matty box can be purchased brand new for $149.00 showed the guy the link and everything was rude back.

3. When I am looking to buy something and may offer what I want to pay (never low ball someone by offering them pennies for it) but I will offer less more often then not, they tell me know I'll keep it before I sell it for that, I just say well then just keep it.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:54 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

thats 3 good reasons and i can think of a few more!