Selling race cars

Old 01-01-2008, 06:54 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Mark,

I talked to Troy at the PRI show. They had a killer deal on a house car that was being used for display purpose only in 2007. He said he could take or add the options anyone wanted. We talked about it put did not like the powdercoat color on the chassis. I think it was Misty Lava???
Old 01-01-2008, 07:16 AM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default sell

oobob -
Building shelves for wally's
Good sig right there! You are dead-on about the free posting GLUT. I think alot of guys just want to see what there ol' iron could bring. But ya gotta spend a little on the ad enhancements to have even a slim chance at a sale. I have sold some parts and stuff and I certainly don't begrudge the honor payment system - so far it works! 8) JB[/i]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:17 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

We have a '98 Mullis 4-link my daughter drives and she loves it.

Steve
Old 01-01-2008, 12:13 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Im just curious, since Mullis race cars are built in Bradenton Florida would they not be considered a local builder if you lived in Bradenton?
Old 01-01-2008, 12:26 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by davis419b
Im just curious, since Mullis race cars are built in Bradenton Florida would they not be considered a local builder if you lived in Bradenton?
They are but also they are one of the bigger dragster builders out there and became a national name years ago. Sadly the big name is everything, no matter what most people look at this first.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:55 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Hey David... It just bothers me a little when someone thinks TNT is just a local builder. You know Tommy Phillips and what kind of racer he is and you also know what kind of car a TNT is. By the way you asked me awhile back what kind of plugs i was running, they are Champion C59CX. The facelift on your new car is looking good!! Don
Old 01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

If I remember correctly, Tommy Phillips was with Cameron cars or another top notch builder? TNT is a new name that people do not recognize naionally like the others I mentioned. He is, right now, more of a local/regional name. He needs more cars out there for exposure before he gets the name that Undercover, Nelson, Racetech, Mullis and Worthy carry. That is one problem you are having. Trust me... been there and done that. So has Dave.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:23 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Yes, he was the one who designed the first 4-link for Cameron. Now he has Joe Monden Race cars build the chassis and bodys for him and he does the rest. Most of what he sells are complete cars out the door and he is selling them as fast as he can build them. My son works for him and there woking 7 days a week. He is different than most, when he tells you when it will be ready it will be ready, unlike some of the others, and i wont mention any names!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:13 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

That is really a different type of partnership. Does he plan to build his own complete cars or just do the suspension and finish work? Cameron was one of the best working 4-links you could buy. That was a company that could have been on the top.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Yeah, If the owner of Cameron hadnt had a nose problem he would still be in business. Tommy has no desire to build the chassis and i dont blame him, Its the dirty work. Tommy has had many Camerons but he likes his new design better. Hell, he took our car out on its debut and won the Dallas Nation Event with it. Every time he goes to the Million Dollar race with his new car he comes home with an empty trailer. They just finished a T/D roller with tranny today, it sold for 45,000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -