Suggestions for chassis performance

Old 07-02-2007, 03:21 PM
BillyShope
CRAFTSMAN

I would be VERY cautious about moving weight back. Looks to me like you're close to ideal. The goal is to leave so little weight on the fronts that the effect on rear loading is negligible while, at the same time, avoiding a wheelstand.

Page 28 of the following can help you in adjusting a 4link. See Page 9 if you're interested in canceling driveshaft torque effects:

http://home.earthlink.net/~whshope
Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Mr. Billly my friend,
Welcome aboard. Good to see you here.

Ed
Old 07-03-2007, 02:02 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Billy

Thanks for joining in here at RJ,its nice to see you here.And welcome to RJ

Tom
Old 07-11-2007, 12:29 PM
triniemi
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hi again!

I can't still believe it, but another victory and now we are the points leader! There is only two races to go this season and anything can happen with the championship so wish me luck.

We didn't change the four link before the race, but we did it afterwards with the scales and set the preload just the same. The next race will be on a slippery airfield (treated with rubber and VHT) and we hope that the change with the links will help us to get more traction. It's only 1/8 mile track so that will be also interesting.

Cheers,

Mikko
Old 07-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

GOOD LUCK! sounds cool to me!!! david.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:57 AM
triniemi
JUNIOR BUILDER

We managed to do the hattrick, three wins in a row! I think that everybody else was scared from my 0.037, 0.006 & 0.007 reaction times in the first rounds and they all redlighted againts me, so it was almost easy to win (it was a 16-car ladder). There is still the final race to go but nobody can't catch me anymore if I can pass the tech and get the points from the first qualifying lap.

The traction at the airfield was MUCH better than I expected and I think that the car liked the change we did with the 4-link. It went straight down the track so the preload was just right. We might change it even more lower & longer and see if we can make it squat really hard. The IC would move like this:

lenght: 43.6" -> 48.4"
height: 6.1" -> 4.4"

Thanks for the all help I got from this board, it has been all good!

-Mikko
Old 09-04-2007, 09:13 AM
triniemi
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hi,

Two videos more from the first ever finnish Super Pro ET champion!

Best time for the car 8.964 at 150mph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73zyD6FTJ30

And some incar video with another 8 second ride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIVu3...elated&search=

I tryed 6600 and 6800 shift rpms and the car liked it just like some of you said. The 330ft time dropped from 3.71 to 3.67. The trap rpm with 4.11 gears was 6600. And now I have to get the chute to the car as the fastest pass was 151mph.

The final race rained away but I couldn't be more happier with the racing season 2007.

Thanks,

Mikko
Old 09-05-2007, 06:58 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

We might change it even more lower & longer and see if we can make it squat really hard.
Why do you want to change a decent car to make it to squat?

You planning on taking a dump soon? That is the only reason to squat is if there is not a toilet to sit on, you have to squat.

Man' I hate that expression. Squat. Anti-squat.

There is never any circumstance I can think of that would warrant trying to make a drag racing car to squat when launching. Forget the crap you read on Baseline Suspension and in magazines. about the Pro Stock cars squatting. They do not squat. It looks like they squat to the observer with no data or clue what is happening.
Things happen quicker than the eye can see.

If you are going to move your 4-link bars why are you making two different radical chnages at the same time?

Are you trying to remove tire hook? By doing what you say you should remove a bunch of rear suspension action.
Or to use the SQUAT WORDS. You should end up with much less Anti-Squat and more Squat. Why?

Ed
Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 PM
triniemi
JUNIOR BUILDER

I don't know. It has always seem cool to me to see a car squat hard on the line and leave really hard. I think my car is now near to the 100% anti-squat line and would like to try go lower IC.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:46 AM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Are you sure it's really squatting or are the tires geting smashed from the hit? Right now, mine is at 75% anti-squat and still hits the tires so hard on the launch that it balls them up even with 8 psi in them so I'm making a change on the 4 link to about 52% to take away some hit. If it starts squatting too much you can stiffen the bump on the rear shocks to tame it somewhat if you have double adjustables on there.

George