Honor roll

Old 11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Honor roll

We now have an honor roll on the main page. I have made two honor payments averaging $22.50 so far. There are folks with just a few dollars average on it, why wouldn't I show up on it at $22.50? It asks if you want to know how to get on it, well, of course I do want to know. I clicked on the icon, guess what, RJ wants MORE money to get on the list. I may be wrong, but it seems this money train and RJ are getting a bit careless with the folks that pay their bills. If I missed something in the honor roll sign up, please straighten me out, I can take being wrong.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

What ?

is this what your speaking of ?

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/12986...-Corvette.html

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Man, BJUICE that was sure a good looking vette....
Old 11-11-2008, 03:42 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Man, BJUICE that was sure a good looking vette....

thanks Bud..it was real quick also...i speak with the new owner in Canada quite often

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-11-2008, 03:43 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
What ?

is this what your speaking of ?

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/12986...-Corvette.html
Now here is an honest man 8)
Old 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Thats it bjuice!! Are you in that honor roll that scrolls on the page right after you log in? I am trying to figure out how to get on it, I think it is one helluva great idea to have that list scrolling like that, but I don't understand why I would have to pay another honor payment to get on it.

It kinda bugs me when I see stuff like this ad. 1367380 $11k and no honor payments. I really have no clue about this guy, he may be a great guy, it just bugs me a little is all.

I swear, I can't hardly stand looking at that 'Vette, makes me want one baaaaaad!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:28 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Are ya'll going to answer my question? How do we get on the honor roll that scrolls on the main page? I wonder if we can add one that is labeled "dishonorable roll" for those that are proven scammers/liars. Apparently ya'll think I was trying to be a smart aleck in asking about the honor roll, that was not intended, I just don't happen to be politically correct and at times may not choose the nicest way to convey my thoughts. I don't understand what bjuices average payment has to do with my question (what was your point ), there are lots of guys with good track records on here that should be on the scrolling honor roll. I will have to say though Brians stands out in a crowd with his honor payment average! I assure you he would be at the top of the list of folks I would deal with!
I simply asked a question and stated my opinion that the little guy is getting covered up on RJ, I do not feel alone in that opinion. That does not mean I think the site sucks, it is far from that, but I also believe they could make some beneficial changes for the private seller! Lots of great folks and tons of experience/info from guys more than willing to share their knowledge. I just wanted to know the answer to my question.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:24 AM
PJ
CRAFTSMAN

Default Honor Roll

The Honor Roll was prematurely launched and was not intended to get out to the public in this manner. It will, when completed, have a page where you will be able to see by username any account that has given us an honor payment. We certainly appreciate the ones that do, and this is how was can respond to that appreciation. Everyone will be on the list once the page is finalized.

As for the displaying names of people who could have issues, its tough for us to see that without some legal documentation that the person has done something illegal. We don't track sales so we cannot isolate these people, only proudly honor those who as using the site the way it was meant for. That page is still in development. Thanks Guys!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:42 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for the response PJ, I appreciate and understand your explanation of the honor roll. The idea of posting a "dishonorable roll" was just wishful thinking on my part :roll:. I cannot imagine the problems (legally and headache wise) that would cause for the staff, I know I wouldn't want to deal with that! I do think the site is great, but I also think several changes would benefit the small scale seller. Overall, I do not think I have wasted my membership fee or honor payments. Thanks for the service, it is no doubt worth my money, just would love to see a few changes.