lets get everyones feedback

Old 11-24-2010, 06:48 PM
superstreeter
SENIOR BUILDER

Thanx Guys............now those are the numbers I thought would work,,and having these second oppinions, just makes me feel a little better about going that route, I had picked two Lunati cams, and they are pretty much bang on with these two just listed, thanks again !!! The only thing is , is that Comp cams doesnt list cam timing at .050, and I`m trying to line up my Dynamic Comp, I need the Intake closing around 50, does anyone have the ABDC on the comp cams @ .050. ?
Old 11-24-2010, 07:28 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default camination carbitration

Some smart people on this forum
Good Luck
I have been told I do to much Cam and carb
Stay safe and strait
Old 11-25-2010, 05:37 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by superstreeter
Thanx Guys............now those are the numbers I thought would work,,and having these second oppinions, just makes me feel a little better about going that route, I had picked two Lunati cams, and they are pretty much bang on with these two just listed, thanks again !!! The only thing is , is that Comp cams doesnt list cam timing at .050, and I`m trying to line up my Dynamic Comp, I need the Intake closing around 50, does anyone have the ABDC on the comp cams @ .050. ?
Call 'em. I had a similar 548, but it was an all out drag motor and used a bigger comp cam. Loved it. The first cam made 799hp then swapped to a bigger comp cam and it made 868hp with world prod heads. (not the best choice I know.Stupid mistake on my part).
No matter which cam you use buy a 7 / 4 swap cam and get a set of Isky lifters!! I used comp everything on mine and several lifters came apart and ruined the cam, which is why I changed cams.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:09 PM
superstreeter
SENIOR BUILDER

Yes I`m not to keen on the Comp stuff either, I lost a set of lifters too. And comp screwed up a special grind for me a while ago, seems their getting to big, and a little bit sloppy...........I do like the Isky lifters though.....
Old 11-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

You guys never hurt the block when the lifters broke? I had a roller lifter break and it took out the block and everything else.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:10 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
You guys never hurt the block when the lifters broke? I had a roller lifter break and it took out the block and everything else.
I was lucky. I was adjusting the valves when I heard a squeel in the motor. Drained the oil and it had a bunch of metal in it. Pulled the motor and caught it in time. It ate most of the lobes on the cam and the lifters too. All in all it cost me a little over $2,500 to have it fixed and re-dynoed.
BTW it was a new motor with less than 50 (200') passes. That's probably like 15 or 20 passes for you drag racers when you figure I don't do burnouts.
I run a special order crane now.