I've finally gone bigblock

Old 04-16-2008, 10:55 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

.020's would be ok if I could do it in bright sunlight, but I'd like to get it to go red so I can adjust a little with the box.
The shorter IC definately helped some, but didn't lift the front. The best I could do with the longer IC in Tucson was .030, so I may move the top bar down one hole in the front and try again.
I haven't scaled the car, so I don't know about the weight distribution, but it's a purpose built SG car. I'd think it should be close. I do have some weight bars I can bolt in back.

Bill, I've considered the trans as a potential problem. When I installed the 1.80 gearset this winter, all the clutches looked new @ 250 runs, so I don't think it's dragging enough to affect 60' time. Maybe RT though. The valve body is old and probably has 2000 runs on it so the problem may be there.
With the sbc it 60'd in the high 1.30's with a 1.76 gearset and a 4.86 rear @ 2015lbs. I went to a 2.03 gearset and the 60's dropped to 1.29's. With a 180 shot, 1.21's. Believe it or not, my RT's didn't change.
The track was a little green this past weekend so it'll probably go 1.22 or so when it's stickier. I'm fine with that.
We're testing this weekend in Denver so I think I'll try the shorter IC and may a little ballast in the rear. If that doesn't do it, then I may have to nut up and buy a new brake.....sorry for the long reply and thanks guys!!