Beware of Lowdown54 (Tony Eden)

Old 10-27-2007, 07:02 AM
crossram1969
SHOW GUEST

Makes no difference in a court a of law if I was a knowledgable buyer or not. The fact that I did not know enough at the time to destinguish between a fake or the real thing has no bearing on the fact that the seller committed fraud. Check with your local law enforcement. If the law was to read "buyer beware" could you imagine the amount of fraud that would take place then, we as consumers would be in grave danger. If the laws worked backwards like you are saying then the consumer would have no legal ground to stand on. This carries over to everything in daily life that we as a consumer are purchasing. Fraud laws do not destinguish between auto transactions and other goods. Fraud comes in all shapes and sizes and dollar amounts. If you were to order a brand new top of the line DELL pc from DELL and find out later it was only a case with the name DELL on it and in fact it was the cheapest pc made, would you take action against Dell for advertising and selling you a pc for top dollar or say, my fault, I should have known more about pc's to now that DELL is not selling what it is advertising? Would you say that is not DELLS fault? Or would you accept fault for being an uneducated consumer. It is all the same. What you are saying is I just payed $5,000 for what DELL sayed was their best PC and what I got was a $100 knock-off. In your eyes then that is your fault not DELL's? It is the same thing under the fraud laws.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:21 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

THE FACT IS YOU DID NOT GO AND LOOK AT IT YOURSELF OR HAVE ANOTHER PRO DO IT FOR YOU!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: ---YOU MESSED UP AND DID NOT GET WHAT YOU WANTED----YOUR FAULT---YOU COULD HAVE CHECKED THE CAR OUT COMPLETELY :x :x :x :x ----NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK THE LAW SAYS IF YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD CASE THEN BY ALL MEANS GO AFTER HIM/ DON'T BELLY ACHE AND COME HERE SCREAMING FOR YOU FAILING ON YOUR PART IN THIS DEAL :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 10-27-2007, 08:24 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud
Old 10-27-2007, 08:58 AM
crossram1969
SHOW GUEST

Was not brought up as "belly achen" it was a broad post to warn others of him. It has gotten this far because he and yourself have taken it further. As far as looking at it before I bought it,. I asked him to give me a few weeks to drive out to Ohio and look at it. He said he was in a time crunch and needed to make the transaction happen ASAP because he was headed to a big swap meet in the South. So I caved (shame on me) and did what I could to accomadate him. It was delivered without ever seing it before in person. Now if you feel it is OK to advertise and sell something for something other than what it is, than more power to ya!! Just keep in mind, in life what comes around goes around. Your deceitfulness may come back to you in another form. Always remember though, it will come back. Also it isn't what I think the law says, that is what the law says. The only reason the State did not take it further was a matter of money, it costs a lot to extradite someone. At the time DE had a bunch of high profile crimes at the DA's office and felt they were more important. That is why they filed a bench warrant. If he is picked up in DE, they will then prosecute him in the DE Supreme Court.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

My only point is this; Despite what the law says about FRAUD you were foolish to make such an investment blind.

So if I sell a front fender as a fender for a 1970 chevelle,and it really came off of a 71 or 72 ,I am guilty of fraud? even if I honestly thought it came off of a 1970?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:42 AM
crossram1969
SHOW GUEST

Let me ask you, if you did advertise and sell something for financial gain and the customer came back and had factual info that you sold him something other that what you said it was, would do the honoable thing or tell him buyer beware? You are right on the other hand, I will not let that happen to me again. Live and learn.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 AM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Hate to tell you guys,but Crossram 1969 is absolutely correct. There is a guy named Troy Acton, who purchased a 70 Stage 1 GS from a guy that apparently had the same thing done to it. He asked me to help out with some cowl tag decoding and the car was painted 1 color(original to the car) and the tag revealed another color. Then,when he looked even deeper,the car was an A/C car and the original buildsheet options for the VIN was a non A/C car. The Indiana State Police even went as far as taking the body up off the frame to only see the frame numbers were not the same as the VIN numbers. On an A body GM car, the frame is stamped in a few places and the bodies are generally stamped in a couple places as well with the last numbers of the VIN. I know where these are(but don't ask me to disclose) and helped Troy get to the bottom of it. In the end,the seller was taken to court and had not only to pay him back,but also had to retain possesion of the car. The bad thing is,its now on record, and the State Police even took cutters and took the VIN tag leaving a big open hole in the dash. There was alot of bad press over it,but in the end even though Troy didn't do a thorough enough job checking this car out,it was still irresponsibility on the sellers behalf that was brought out.He should have done the same as Troy,unless he knew all of the illegal work. My Point to Lowdown is if you switched the tags or had info regarding it and tried to make a buck on someone unsuspecting...YOU are a scumbag and should be prosecuted to the fullest,If you were an innocent party..I'd be contacting my lawyer to get a refund of money since you were screwed too.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bignastygs
Hate to tell you guys,but Crossram 1969 is absolutely correct. There is a guy named Troy Acton, who purchased a 70 Stage 1 GS from a guy that apparently had the same thing done to it. He asked me to help out with some cowl tag decoding and the car was painted 1 color(original to the car) and the tag revealed another color. Then,when he looked even deeper,the car was an A/C car and the original buildsheet options for the VIN was a non A/C car. The Indiana State Police even went as far as taking the body up off the frame to only see the frame numbers were not the same as the VIN numbers. On an A body GM car, the frame is stamped in a few places and the bodies are generally stamped in a couple places as well with the last numbers of the VIN. I know where these are(but don't ask me to disclose) and helped Troy get to the bottom of it. In the end,the seller was taken to court and had not only to pay him back,but also had to retain possesion of the car. The bad thing is,its now on record, and the State Police even took cutters and took the VIN tag leaving a big open hole in the dash. There was alot of bad press over it,but in the end even though Troy didn't do a thorough enough job checking this car out,it was still irresponsibility on the sellers behalf that was brought out.He should have done the same as Troy,unless he knew all of the illegal work. My Point to Lowdown is if you switched the tags or had info regarding it and tried to make a buck on someone unsuspecting...YOU are a scumbag and should be prosecuted to the fullest,If you were an innocent party..I'd be contacting my lawyer to get a refund of money since you were screwed too.
I only ment IF (and that is a big IF) the seller had no knowledge of the switch and really thought it was legit.I don't doubt that the law says he is responsible...but I think it is a load of crap to hold him criminally responsible unless there was proof that he knew it was a fake...but it does sound as if this guy(the seller) knew what was up.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:34 PM
mrgasser55
SHOW GUEST

due to some response,i thought i would respond again,when i posted this car on ebay i also said sold as is ,where is,there are a lot of big dollar cars sold on ebay that say the same,its the buyer,s responsabilty to look at the car and make sure its what he wants before buying it,the two guys that owned it before me,and myself did not know nothing of the #s being changed,if they really where and that,s a big if !!!!!!! this deal happend over two to three years ago,there is no way in hell he can prove that i changed the #,s,so tell me how he can have any proof that i did,nobody"s going to sell a car to a stranger and and than after a month or two give him his money back when he say,s there somthing a wrong with it,that,s what it mean,s when it says sold as-is where- is .i bought and sold a lot of cars in my time and never had a complaint against me,there was some i bought that was not what they were suppose to be but i did not cry about it ,it was my falt for not looking at them better.i also talked to my lawyer when this happend and he told me there,s no way they could prove that i did any thing thanks for listening,tony,ps lively i building a 55 gasser also give me a call if you want and will talk about them,thanks
Old 10-27-2007, 03:51 PM
mrgasser55
SHOW GUEST

Hi guy,s i would like to make another point .I have listed on here a 68 camaro conv,the price is 35k i said in the add it did not have the right motor in it,if i was a cheat or a fraud i would have not said any thing about it or had the #,s changed on the motor ,but i did not ,iam as honest as i can be in description of the cars i sell,thanks tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -