oils???

Old 05-26-2008, 02:30 PM
jmech
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by jbworkman9
I have a bbc prostock engine and turn it 9400 with no problems, running royal purple xpr 5-20w
9400 YIKES!! I love the sound of those cars.
I use Penzoil GT 25-50 in my race car and also use it as an assembly lube. Very slipery stuff.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:31 PM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

thanks mudjeep looks like they got good stuff
Old 05-26-2008, 04:03 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

Default oil

john858 check your pm.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 AM
N2Dirt
APPRENTICE

http://www.joegibbsracingoil.com/
Old 06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Tried: RP 20/50, Amsoil 20/50, & Mobil. BBC, all roller, 12.5 comp. pistons. I could not tell you what the difference was between them in quality, power, oil pressure, & longivity, etc... They all worked fine... I change it often & run synthetic because it is a hell of a process how they break it down over & over... truth is, the Amsoil rep here told me that all synthectic oils ingredients are the same & come from the same place. Some have higher levels & different mixtures... but the ingredients are the SAME. When I change it, it's the same going in, & the same comming out. I personally do not believe in a "miracle oil" that has patented specail powers to make a motor do things it's not already made to do. I am no expert either... but I have studied oil & the manufacturing process some, there are no cosmic secrets that oil can reveal to make a motor more efficent. For protection, it is a fact the synthetic oil has better sheer protection & does not break down as fast as petrolium. Having said this, why but a blend of the 2???? Good luck!!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:16 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

klotz has 4 cycle oil now days- 8)
there 2 cycle oil is i think the best on the market-and have heard replys of the 4 cycle being just as good