Coolest Truck On The Planet - What A Joke

Old 08-16-2008, 09:26 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by andamo
Why in the world would anyone make a major purchase without going to look at the vehicle in person ? And then come on these boards waa waa'ing about it ! I don't care how nice someone comes across on the phone or in messages, spend the money and time and go look at the vehicle in person. And don't use a friend that lives in the area either. Everyone's tastes are different. You believed in someones integrity, and got screwed. Live with it.
I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF[ MORE SO IF YOUR SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY ops: :cry: :cry: ops:

LIVELY
Old 08-16-2008, 09:36 AM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by Rigsby
tought this to me at a young age... emotions will KILL us in a deal. I have been there myself w/ a red 68 Chevelle I HAD TO HAVE
If you want another red chevelle..it just so happens that the best working ,NA,bolt on suspension,small tire, chevelle in the country is for sale right now.

No dominator, no tubular countrol arms, no nitrous,factory shifter, power steering, 3871 lbs,and the battery AINT IN THE TRUNK!!

Anyone who disagrees is just another nobody who don't know $h!t, aint done $h!t, and aint got $h!t...or something like that. :P
you are going to have to stay off YB. lol
Old 08-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lookingaround
Originally Posted by Rigsby
tought this to me at a young age... emotions will KILL us in a deal. I have been there myself w/ a red 68 Chevelle I HAD TO HAVE
If you want another red chevelle..it just so happens that the best working ,NA,bolt on suspension,small tire, chevelle in the country is for sale right now.

No dominator, no tubular countrol arms, no nitrous,factory shifter, power steering, 3871 lbs,and the battery AINT IN THE TRUNK!!

Anyone who disagrees is just another nobody who don't know $h!t, aint done $h!t, and aint got $h!t...or something like that. :P
you are going to have to stay off YB. lol
:lol:
Old 08-16-2008, 08:34 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I've watched this whole thread from the beginning, and my response really doen't mean much to the buyer. BUT! he really got what what he paid for. A (5) in the paint job by one of his own friends, hey he's not buying a Chip Foose paint job here for $28,000.00, body work is hard to see in the photo's. The only thing that troubles me is the subframe installation that's obviously installed 2"/2 1/2" off center. That's not right in anyone's book.
To me the truck is beautiful and showable, piece of s*it NOT. I donot know what the buyer expected to get for $28,000.00 but i just sold a 55 chevy on ebay for $37,000.00 and it too wasn't perfect. I also turned down 4 bids for a little less.
IMO, the buyer needs to realize what he's buying here, as listed not perfect.

JMO

Zip.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:15 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i agree with zipper06, from what i can see, its lookin preety good. paint issue aside its a good lookin truck.i would fix the subframe shoot some paint and be happy as hell. i think the truck is well worth 28,000. if i was selling it id say its got some problems with this and that, but 28,000 is where its at.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Ok, before when I tried to see the ad it wouldn't come up...now it does.

Iagree with Zip...You must be hard to please...especially when you DID NOT go look at it yourself. A truck like that took a lot of work to build so 28 grand does not seem unreasonable.

I don't get what you guys are saying about the subframe being off center?? what pic shows that? Are you refering the the wheel being centered in the opening? just curious.

edit: If you mean the rear end then yeah I see that...thought subframe was refering to front clip.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:48 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Sell it. :shock:
Old 08-17-2008, 05:22 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Coolest truck on the planet? Nope.

Piss poor craftsmanship on the rear suspension? Yep

Wether it is was worth 28k, plus shipping? Depends,
I'm sure you thought it was a good deal or you wouldnt have bought it in the first place, correct?
Always remember the definetion of a good deal is that when both parties think the other guy got screwed, so perhaps you didn't get such a "good deal" this time but instead, you got what you paid for. You win some you lose some. If your not happy with the truck then you have options. Personally I'd quit whinning about it and move on, your not gonna get much sympathy here, just honest opinions especially since you didnt even take the time to go look at the truck in person. Buying a vehicle sight unseen is never a good idea.
You can sell it and try to recoup your funds or you can fix the things that you dont like about it. JMO
goodluck, Cp
Old 08-17-2008, 05:57 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

MAN O MAN!!!

I JUST GOT THE PICTURE UP AND LOOKED AGAIN---YOU ARE MOST WRONG IF YOU THINK THIS WAS NOT WORTH THE MONEY ops: ops:

THE TRUCK HAS TONS OF GOOD WORK/ NICE PARTS AND CLASS!!

IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE PAINT PUT IT BACK ON THE MARKET AND SELL THIS PIECE OF" FLAWED JUNK" /THEN YOU CAN BUY ANOTHER ONE' [THAT YOU CAN LOOK AT PERSONALLY]--AND BE HAPPIER IN THE END [I THINK :roll: :roll: :roll: ]

LIVELY
Old 08-17-2008, 08:11 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Ok, before when I tried to see the ad it wouldn't come up...now it does.

Iagree with Zip...You must be hard to please...especially when you DID NOT go look at it yourself. A truck like that took a lot of work to build so 28 grand does not seem unreasonable.

I don't get what you guys are saying about the subframe being off center?? what pic shows that? Are you refering the the wheel being centered in the opening? just curious.

edit: If you mean the rear end then yeah I see that...thought subframe was refering to front clip.
Hey Todd,

The ad said it had a Camero front subframe, if the passenger right front wheel is 3 to 4" more inside the right front fender(the buyer stated this in his post) then the sub frame must be installed off center. The Camero subframes are used a lot on the early front conversions on old trucks. We have one under way now a 1948 Ford pickup.
The problem is a lot of people cut both the front end off and the rearend off at the same time taking away the tooling points on the frame and they have no good measuring points on the frame.
I think that's what happened here, but that's JMO.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -