8" or 9" converter???

Old 04-19-2008, 05:42 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Verter

OLDS,
If you would like to try a 9" 5500-5800 Converter i have a Nice Munsinger,High HP Converter,Anti-Ballooning Plate,Inertia Ring.I used it in my 960HP BBC Injected Alky Motor 515"s,Worked GREAT!
I have went to a Lenco,with a Clutch in my Funny!So,i have it For/Sale/It has a Turbo spline.If you want to give it a Try?Then let me know?
Anyone that has a FED,Altered,or Funny is Good in my BOOK!!!
IF the Motor NOT in Front of You,then you are in the WRONG PLACE!
Later
G 8)
Old 04-20-2008, 05:35 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks bbchevy,but I think that's a little too much converter for me.I'm shifting at 6600 rpms right now,I don't know if a 5500 would be okay.I'd like to have a 4500 really.Guy in town can adjust them cheap.$75 and you don't have to ship!Probably go see him pretty soon.Of course that 5500 would probably put some serious air under the front tires :shock: Thanks for the offer,though. Eric
Old 04-23-2008, 03:07 PM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

From what I understand the smaller ones are more effecient on the big end period. but I believe they go with the bigger in diameter because the 8" can only handle so much power. Most of the outlaw converters I see are 9.5".. Esp when you get into the big blocks with all that torque.JMO

Here is some info from Neal Chance Converters..

http://www.racingconverters.com/converters.html
Old 04-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jmarksdragster
It will depend on the torque of the engine as to which will work for you, a small block will probably want an 8", a big block a 9". Be wary of ATI, while I am sure they make good stuff their phone techs are seriously lacking. I called a few weeks back to order one, after giving him my info (447 SB2 PTq@6400, PHP @7500) and suggested to him I needed 6600 to 6800 stall, he said the one he had picked would be 6000. I asked why would I want the stall so far below my peak torque, he had no answer and said he would have Charlie get back to me. I called back twice and still have received no calls....
That guy on yellow bullet advertising for em is enough of a reason for me to never buy from them again. lol

You know...."THE Best working NA small tire bla bla bla"
Old 05-10-2008, 08:16 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

guy i work with is building camaro to get tagged faster than 7.50(not sure how fastbut big $$$)and he likes neal chance stuff!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:30 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

What is a converter with a diode?Diode is an electrical "check valve" as far as I know?Anyone got this one??!!