(( WARNING )) DYNOFLO ENGINES BAD DEALINGS

Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: :shock:
Old 04-12-2007, 02:50 AM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Oh scott, I think fastbowtie has got you on the ropes. BTW an argumentative style will get you no where in business.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Scott,

I want to say I am sorry.

I am sorry you are such an asshole.
I am sorry you do not know what the hell your doing.
I am sorry you continue to screw people over.
I am sorry you only know how to make excuses for your shoddy workmanship.
I am sorry you have the customer service skills of a slug.
I am sorry you never grew to become a real man.
I am sorry for all of these things, and above all I am sorry for you, and your family that have to put up with you.

There I said I am sorry and I feel better now.

Now, quit acting your height and be a man and fix this with the owner.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 PM
malibuvette
SHOW GUEST

I thought I would put my experience with Dyno-flo in here. I had a 582 built in 2005. We drove to the shop and witnessed the dyno. The engine came up a bit short on power. (911 instead of the expected 950) I was happy with the customer service and the fact that Scott kept the manifold for porting and was helpful.

After installation in the car, several months after picking up the engine due to a bad paint experience on the car, I had a water in oil problem. We pulled the engine, returned it to Scott, who promtly pulled the engine apart and found that it had an intake gasket fail at the water jacket. I put the intake on after he ported it post dyno. He freshened it with bearings, checked it all out, and only charged me $250 for the parts and labor.

I call that pretty stand up. Considering I put the manifold on, the water issue was my fault.

I have no idea what happened to the 454 small block in question, but I did want to add my good experience for a balanced story.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:11 AM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks for your post.
As I and other people have stated not all his engines are bad just this one.
I am glad he did rite by you. If you have read this entire post you will see that this post is not just because of the problems with the engine but how he has handled the whole situation. That is why the DynoFlo name was kept out of it for so long to give him a chance to make it rite .
Instead he has bashed anyone with an opinion and gave his thoughts on how he feels about ASE certified Mechanics .
He has personaly made attacks on me to me and to other people and said that his Company couldn't have made this mistake.
Every company makes A mistake now & then I don't care what you do or what they manufacture It Does happen.
I'm glad he did rite by you and im sure he has done rite by other people as well.
But read the whole ad & tell me what he should have done for us on this motor. You can PM me with you reply if you like and if don't want to get involved any further.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:12 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

malibuvette,

no one said all his stuff is junk, and am happy you had good experiences with Scott.

But there are many out there that had experiences like fastbowtie, and all he does is make excuses and cast blame on everyone else.

He states he took the high road, but right after this happened I sent him a message and his response was BS, 3 times I asked for facts and all I got were piss poor excuses and blaming saying that fast was a poor mechanic. Fast did not build the short-block, Scott did.

Bottom end failure in 8 minutes of run time....you do the math.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:06 AM
hobbesnmina2001
SHOW GUEST

I have been getting acquainted with the forums. This is a similar post to another I recently put up on the subject of scammers. It is good that RJ has these forums, we can all learn a lot, maybe recover some parts, maybe save some people a bad time.
I lost money in bad deals too in the past (not through this site yet) I prefer mainly dealing with locals that have a good reputation for large projects. It may cost more up front at times, but it is usually offset by their help and their advice when needed!!
IMO if someone has a bad attitude its better to move on and find someone willing to be more helpful.
My one friend likes to say you should'nt have to kiss someones A$$ to give them your money! :lol:
Locally JanCen Automotive, Competition Trans, Torrelli Pro Cars, and other locals in Buffalo have given me plenty of helpful advice and great service.
I am just a little guy trying to get by like many, I know they have a lot of customers that spend a lot more $$ then I can afford to and still they are helpful, courteous, and do great work.
I know people that had good luck with Reher Morrison and others, but for me I prefer to have the people locally and when I have a question its much easier to be able to talk or take the equipment for them to see.
Last year Mike Janis helped on a blown motor I was putting together for a project. I had a budget and a deadline, I have put a few motors together but I am no engine builder, and not at a high HP level. Mike is very picky and had me check and report everything about the motor, I bought a set of Dart heads and other parts. As I was assembling and checking I was concerned about the valve springs coming close to binding.
Mike is super busy, he builds top shelf race motors, could of blown me off, could of said some nasty remarks about me not knowing what I was doing, but he did none of that.
Mike had ordered the heads himself, and asked me to bring the heads over. He took them apart in front of me and showed me how to check for max lift and bind! :wink:
Through out the project I would show him parts and Mike never tried to sell me something I did not not need, just what was not up to the task, or borderline.
Likewise Carl Ettipio at Competition has checked transmissions for me and he too shows me and teaches me about what is there.
I bought a used BBC combination (heads, intake, pistons, bare block) from Carl that became my first race motor along with a trans and converter he built for us. That combo performed exactly as Carl said it would.
These guys and others are priced very fairly with the market and the final deal becomes a positive pleasant experience.
As customers we should recognize good service takes valuable time over just selling parts at a low price. Low prices are great but good parts become expensive junk real fast when not put together correctly.
I like to do as much work as I can not just to save some $ but to learn cause at the track or home I may be on my own. When we choose this path we have to be responsible for our actions. If I screwed something up, its not their fault, but being honest with them they will help me out so I don't screw up again.
A parts seller may not make much profit, and does not have much time invested in the customer.
High performance and racing is expensive, I like a good deal as much as the next guy, and IMO the best deal is a fair price for a good product with good service.
This thread was not about these local guys, just showing how good hardworking, honest individuals handle customer relations and build a good business.
I don't expect a busy shop to drop everything at the first instant for me, they are very busy, but they always get back to me within reason. When I started dealing with them I assured them they would never get stiffed on a deal by me. After a while folks like that become more then just people we do business with, they become friends.
Professional means a person got paid for a service thats all, a good backyard mechanic is better to deal with any day then a bad Pro.
A good Pro will take of his customers, and in return his good customers will take care of them. :wink:
Just my opinion.

Carlos
Old 04-13-2007, 01:40 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by hobbesnmina2001
A good Pro will take of his customers, and in return his good customers will take care of them. :wink:
Just my opinion.

Carlos
Amen. 8)
Old 04-13-2007, 02:05 PM
altune
MASTER BUILDER

Yes a good engine builder will take car of his customers.
I recently received a 565 supercharged engine from a builder and have not even asked him for any help on it and tried to send him some business in the way of two complete short blocks, He blew me off, Now I'm not sure if I want anything to do with him. I will give my money to someone who is not so arrogant and Just can't deal with it.
So far there have been 2 major builders that have gone this way with me.
So what If I am not ordering a $30,000 pro motor, It is still business.
Al
Old 04-14-2007, 04:49 AM
hobbesnmina2001
SHOW GUEST

Altune,
here is a small example of Mike, after helping me with what I needed on the build he took the time at the Indy Nationals where he was racing to come and look at the car and listen to it. We are restoring so I am changing to fuel injection on gas, Jancen took the time to get ne the correct barrel valve and nozzles. Not a big deal, I could have ordered them from Hilborn myself but its the fact they will go the extra mile for a customer even a small one!
Carl is the same way, he is helping me for the resto on hard to find 727 pushbutton which are not popular anymore. I am sure these guys could make more $ with more popular combos, but they both do business with a lot of people that are not local....wonder why!!

Carlos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -