latter bar car????

Old 05-27-2008, 06:34 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

This is gonna sound nuts:If I pull my car into the garage from the left and pull up straight,it will sit down on the pass. side,if I pull in from the right and straighten it up it will sit down on the driver side.If I am in an open parking lot and roll forward about 15-20(past what would be like pulling into the shop) it will flatten out :? Car goes straight,so I just let it do what it likes.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:48 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by kw89425
ok i got it lined out. its about 1/2" off now less than a 1/16" with me in it. with me in the seat you can wiggle the front passenger side bolt out. now doesnt that sound about right?
The way I used to set my baseline adjustment was as follows:

With no weight in the car and it sitting on the ground, adjust the front drive side till the bolt will slide out with ease. Then load the driver seat with weight equal to my body weight and adjust the passenger side front the same way. Then at the track make a slight adjustment of preload on driver side either more or less depending on how it would drift during the burnout. If it drifts left take preload out of the left side. If it drifts right add preload to the left side. Usually only takes about 1/2 turn. Aside from minor adjustment to coil springs if you have them, forget about it.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:44 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

ok thanks. i should be at a good starting point anyway
Old 05-30-2008, 09:39 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by olds48
This is gonna sound nuts:If I pull my car into the garage from the left and pull up straight,it will sit down on the pass. side,if I pull in from the right and straighten it up it will sit down on the driver side.If I am in an open parking lot and roll forward about 15-20(past what would be like pulling into the shop) it will flatten out :? Car goes straight,so I just let it do what it likes.
Does that thing have a spool? Sounds like the tires dragging on one side or the other creating preload on the suspension. :?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:50 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Yes,it does have a spool