Important please listen!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:43 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Cussing don't bother me.Like you said about a duck,I'm a big boy and my skin is thicker than that.But it does bother me when it is directed at me.BUT, if you say it was not directed at me then I just took it wrong.No need to apologize for that.You speak your mind,I'll speak mine.That's what America is all about,right?If you make me mad,I'll tell ya.If I make you mad tell me,and we'll sort it out.I didn't mention your son cause I never knew him.I have no idea how you feel,and probably never will.But believe me when I say that your son is a HERO to me.I truly mean that.As long as your for America,we'll always be on the "same side of the fence" .All is well,big guy.I think alot of what we mean gets lost in translation with these keyboards ops: Have a good day and I'll holler at you later. Eric
Old 03-01-2008, 06:33 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default I love America!

Eric,
Thanks man! I always love to hear our son mentioned, it is the only way to keep us sane at times. Always on the honor roll, always respectful to others, bull rider, horseman, and all around wonderful human being. Keep on loving America, it makes me feel like his death was not without reason.

I have to share this story:
We were at the funeral home for Jays wake, standing there greeting the folks that have come to pay their respects. I hate to say this, but I remember very little of all the kind words spoken that night. A young boy about 12 or so stood in front of me and told me he loved my son. My reply was, thank you son, many people do. He asked if I knew what Jay had done for him. I had no clue I told him. He said, your son gave me a saddle because my Mom and Dad could only afford the horse for him at that time. The horse was being purchased from the horse ranch Jay worked at.
Jay was tending the horses and overheard the conversation between the boy and his parents, promptly, without thought, took his $500.00 saddle off of his horse and put it on the boys new horse and told him the only requirement to be the owner of this new saddle, was to never sell or give it away. I paid for that saddle, and I am very tough on irresponsibility, no matter who it is.
Jay rolls up in his truck that evening, I saw him walking up the drive, head hung low. I knew there was a problem right away. I met him on the porch and asked him what was wrong.
Dad, you are going to kill me, Sarah and I went to Hardees, I left my saddle in the back of the truck and it was gone when we came out. Needless to say, I went balistic! For the next week, he hand dug the trench for the new water supply to the barn, 2' deep, approx. 200 feet from the well, loaded hay for no pay and generally got his tail worked to the point of exhaustion, never, ever complaining one time.

The young boy offered to give the saddle back to our family, I told him no way! That gift came from the heart of a great man. Don't know why I told you all this, guess it was time to talk about him some more!

I know he told me a fib, but I also know it was because he was the most humble person I have EVER known in my lifetime. God as my witness and I hope I am struck down if lying, that is the ONLY lie anyone in our family can remember him telling (not saying he didn't get away with one some other time) :shock:. I never, ever heard him say one bad thing about anyone at anytime in his life. We honor him by trying to live by the standards he set for us. I never realized my true real hero, was living under our roof until it was too late.

Got to go, tears are flowing to heavy now. :cry:

Please look at our profile and you will see pics of Jay, tell him THANKS.
Rudy
Old 03-03-2008, 04:01 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Very good story,Rudy.Very good
Old 03-03-2008, 06:04 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Good story

I swear to you, it is the truth, I actually have witnesses for that story. Might tell one every now and then without a witness, you gotta decide which ones!! LOL
Rudy
Old 03-03-2008, 06:31 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

No doubts here,sound like a good kid raised by good parents
Old 03-03-2008, 08:03 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Jay

We really like to think so :D :D