Old 02-20-2014, 10:53 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

:roll:
Old 02-21-2014, 07:15 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

OK, this is my nickel's worth . .

You have a system called most of the time, a "Vac-U-Pan" (commercial name) which was first seen about 1970 or so on engine installations by Roy McClintock in Albuquerque and Rehyer-Morrison . . If you have the check valves in the lines to the headers, and a good baffle at the valve covers, you shouldn't suck oil. And if the installation is done correctly, it should pull up to about 5" of vacuum . . again depending on how tight your engine is and how well it's sealed up in the gasket/seal department . .

On the competition, at roundy round races, most of the high buck guys have far more HP than they can get to the right rear tire and use . . make your car handle right up on the cushion, learn to pass where nobody else can, and make more torque than HP out of the corners . . You'll win a lot of races!
Old 02-24-2014, 03:31 PM
jreiley
MASTER BUILDER

Are you running NASCAR late nodel? We have a 1/2 mile dirt track here running with NASCAR sanctions. Even though I am strictly doing drags, the guys I hang with are all modified or late model racers. They all will tell you that the handling of your car is of paramount importance. The rules for engine builders are about as convoluted as they get. Concentrate on chassis setup and you will do welll. Good luck. BTW onr of my cars is a 406 Dart. We dyno'd, on the dyno not in the car, at 560hp.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:45 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

:roll:
Old 02-27-2014, 06:50 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

If you're a good driver, and know how to set up your ride, then you're wasting your (and our) time asking about "Free" Horsepower . . There ain't no such thing . . You've got the old "budget conundrum" and want to race with a bunch of guys with a lot more money than you have . .

Might as well buy a pair of skates and go play hockey with the Blackhawks . .

On the other hand, even a blind Hog finds an acorn once inna while, if you're of that mind . . Good luck . . .
Old 02-27-2014, 03:08 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I think the term should be 'freed up' horsepower. Excellent thread with good info from a couple a different views. We can all learn during these discussions. I know I did.

The heart of our passion is getting more with the dollars we each have available. More than a few times the 'little' guy has slain the dragon !

Now LET'S GO RACIN' !
Old 02-28-2014, 05:28 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Two weeks . . First Test n Tune . . . Go out and see if we can run some 8.80's