car trailer??? (help)

Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
prowlerjn
SHOW GUEST

Default car trailer??? (help)

hello,
any guys in the massachusetts, rhode island, connecticut area that has a enclosed car trailer that i could use for jan 4th show , world of wheels in boston.

what has happened my trailer that is being built for me was suppose to be ready for dec, 18th but the production guy made a boo-boo, and now my trailer wont be ready till jan, 20th. 08 so i am in a little dillema.

i would greatly appreciate it if can..

call me if any questions please 401-567-8974
thanks, john
Old 12-06-2007, 08:00 AM
prowlerjn
SHOW GUEST

Default trailer

anyone??? anyone please?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:04 AM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Dude... Not trying to be a smart a**, but do you really think someone who doesnt even know you is going to let you borrow thier trailer! IMHO
Old 12-06-2007, 09:16 AM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

There are very few places that rent enclosed trailers. If you were in SoCal I have a friend who owns six and does just that, rent them.

If it were me I would contact your local places that sell trailers and ask if they know anyone who rents. They will probably get something for the referral. As far as someone letting you borrow a trailer it's highly unlikely. I have two friends I let borrow mine and that's it. Others have asked and I then refer them to my buddy who rents...and I get 20 bucks for the referral.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:30 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I myself learned to not let anybody use my open car trailer, a few friends used it and brought it back , messed up, and when you have a car trailer everyone ask, I finally would say you cant afford it. No one has asked to use my tag, I hope they no the answer to that one!!!!! To me asking to use a car trailer is just like asking to use your hot rod, both of them cost money
Old 12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by spib
I myself learned to not let anybody use my open car trailer, a few friends used it and brought it back , messed up, and when you have a car trailer everyone ask, I finally would say you cant afford it. No one has asked to use my tag, I hope they no the answer to that one!!!!! To me asking to use a car trailer is just like asking to use your hot rod, both of them cost money

Hey Mark, Can I borrow your trailer?
I was gonna go do some 4 wheelin and need to pull it to the top of this crag and well you know, I don't want to mess any of my stuff up.

Thanks, your the best :P
Old 12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I ONLY LOAN MY CAR TRAILER TO 2 OTHER PEOPLE- 8) 8) -AND I KNOW THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF IT AND IF THEY MESS SOMETHING UP THEY WILL ALWAYS BE THERE TO FIX IT-- :roll: :roll: --HAD ONE BEFORE THAT I LOANED OUT AND IT CAME BACK DAMAGED EVERY TIME[NO LIGHTS/ BENT FENDERS/ DAMAGED FLOORS/AND THE BEST OF ALL- A BENT TONGUE ops: ops:--I WILL PULL IT FOR OTHERS BUT THAT IS IT :shock: :shock: ---LIVELY
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by davis419b
Dude... Not trying to be a smart a**, but do you really think someone who doesnt even know you is going to let you borrow thier trailer! IMHO
:lol: :lol: I was thinking the same thing, LMAO! :lol: :lol:

I had real nice 20' custom open with a nice 48"hx 32"d x 84"w box that I let one guy barrow, the second time he asked I suggested he just buy it from me, so he did! Now I need a trailer, never sold or though away anything I didn't need. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by spib
been there.Once mine came back witha flat. GUY told me as he was dropping it off that "one tire looked a little low". It had the sidewall cut open. Never seen the promised new tire from him. Another time a friend brought it back with the fenders pushed in..turns out he loaded a 4x4 with huge mudd tires on it too wide for the trailer and just wedged it in there.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:51 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

why don't you go to the company building you this new trailer;;since it is guessing a custom built trailer you are talking big money there so i'd ask him to supply you a trailer to use while your big money[custom]trailer is being built;if they build custom trailers then they got to have reg. trailer setting on there lot also for you to use since they didn't meet the finish deadline that you-all agreed on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -